AMD Radeon RX 6000 Specifications Revealed / Leaked from 2 Separate Locations: Up to 5120-Cores & 2.5GHz Clock Speeds

17 minutes ago, Results45 said:

Pricing rumors & other details:

Screenshot_20201001_022948.thumb.jpg.9c8dbf54525d0b74c1dff01d0918ccd7.jpg

Ahh yes, MLID. Super reliable source. He got like 1 out of 10 things correct with Ampere so surely he will be right about this too.

I wonder what excuse he will have when he gets a ton of this stuff wrong too. 

Oh wait, he probably won't get that much things wrong because he has given all of his "leaks" such a massive range of specs and vague stuff that there is no way he will be wrong.

The Navi 22 card? Yeah it will have 12GB of VRAM, or maybe 6GB, or maybe 10GB... It will probably perform like a 2070S or maybe even higher. Oh and it will cost somewhere between 300 and 400 dollars.

These specs does not seem like "leaks". They seem like guesses. Just look at how many vague words he uses. Every time a word like "or", "higher", "less", "unlikely", "most likely" is uttered my BS detector goes wild. Nobody who is actually working at a company making these products wouldn't know how much VRAM the card will have. Things like that are decided way in advance. 

But I am sure MLID fanboys will go back to that video and go "see! He totally has reliable insider info because he got this stuff right!".

Hey guys, I have insider sources at AMD too. Here are my leaks:

AMD will launch new cards either this year or next year.

The cards will either perform better or worse than some other Nvidia cards.

The cards will cost money. Either a lot or not a lot, depending on which model you get and what you personal financial situation is like.

Feel free to quote me once the cards are launched so that I can beg people to give me money or else I won't keep making these bold predictions... I mean totally reliable leaks.

Modern day "leakers" like MLID are basically this time's "physics". They do the same cold reading techniques only they claim to get answers from insider sources rather than God.

As someone who actually has insider sources from companies like Cisco, let me tell you that real insider sources doesn't give vague info. They got things like marketing slides and technical documents containing exact and precise details of products long before they are publicly announced. They aren't vague like "it will have roughly this amount of memory, or maybe more" in them. They are "it will be exactly like this".

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Ahh yes, MLID. Super reliable source. He got like 1 out of 10 things correct with Ampere so surely he will be right about this too.

I wonder what excuse he will have when he gets a ton of this stuff wrong too. 

Oh wait, he probably won't get that much things wrong because he has given all of his "leaks" such a massive range of specs and vague stuff that there is no way he will be wrong.

The Navi 22 card? Yeah it will have 12GB of VRAM, or maybe 6GB, or maybe 10GB... It will probably perform like a 2070S or maybe even higher. Oh and it will cost somewhere between 300 and 400 dollars.

These specs does not seem like "leaks". They seem like guesses. Just look at how many vague words he uses. Every time a word like "or", "higher", "less", "unlikely", "most likely" is uttered my BS detector goes wild. Nobody who is actually working at a company making these products wouldn't know how much VRAM the card will have. Things like that are decided way in advance. 

But I am sure MLID fanboys will go back to that video and go "see! He totally has reliable insider info because he got this stuff right!".

Hey guys, I have insider sources at AMD too. Here are my leaks:

AMD will launch new cards either this year or next year.

The cards will either perform better or worse than some other Nvidia cards.

The cards will cost money. Either a lot or not a lot, depending on which model you get and what you personal financial situation is like.

Feel free to quote me once the cards are launched so that I can beg people to give me money or else I won't keep making these bold predictions... I mean totally reliable leaks.

It's like you read my mind completely. MLID is a certified finesser. I ain't mad at him, but he really does say a lot of garbage hidden behind his "sources". I sometimes listen to his stuff on Youtube, but he makes it hard.

"I do have information about this, but I'll post it in the next show. I see people already discussing certain leaks" 

Makes me believe his listens to what is out there and then form an opinion before recording. Like, I can't, lol

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

1 minute ago, GreatnessRD said:

but he really does say a lot of garbage hidden behind his "sources".

And if it's discovered that he was wrong about something he just blames his sources.

He is never wrong, only his sources. And then he says that he got rid of that unreliable source so therefore people should believe his next video because now he only has reliable sources... Until he is wrong again and then say the exact same thing.

He can literally say whatever he wants and people will believe it. If he is ever proven wrong he got the perfect defense. "I wasn't wrong. My source was. I have gotten rid of that source so I am reliable again".

32 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The wisdom of Mr. Anton Ego

Yes they are his personal "dart throws" (so Tom admits) that he is speculating on based things his "deep insiders" have told him.

I'd say the rumors he spreads is as accurate as any other YouTuber or tech news site that extrapolating predictions based on anything other than hard factual leaks.

Don't write him off, but don't believe him without gorging on a truckload of salt either.

I don't follow him because he's always right or because he doesn't backtrack often. I follow him because he actually vocalizes and lays out potential long-term industry trends (like Nvidia being forced to make consumer cards on Samsung solidifies an advantage for AMD to catch up to them this generation or why Nvidia is light-years ahead and will stay ahead in the professional market or why 2080TIs will be worth shit in 3 months) while almost everyone else focuses on sensationalizing the day-to-day stuff. 

Basically, I like how he presents information, analyzes it, draws conclusions, and analyzes those too. Getting things right is just icing on the cake.

If you were Tom, how would you go about releasing info from completely anonymous sources without sounding like a controversial hypocrite?

13 minutes ago, Results45 said:

Yes they are his personal "dart throws" (or so he admits) that he is speculating on based things his "deep insiders" have told him.

If you got "deep insiders" then you do not need to throw darts.

You either have reliable information or you don't. In the case of that video, it seems like MLID does not.

If he truly has reliable insider information then he wouldn't have to make guesses, or do vague "it will be either this, that or that".

14 minutes ago, Results45 said:

I'd say the rumors he spreads is as accurate as any other YouTuber or tech news site that extrapolating predictions based on anything other than hard factual leaks.

Yes I completely agree with that. The problem is that the other Youtubers and tech news sites that does the same thing are terrible and barely ever gets anything right. I really don't understand why people believe MLID so strongly despite his track record being absolute shite, and then in the next breath mock sites like WCCFTech which probably has about the same track record.

My problem with MLID isn't that he exists or makes videos. It's that people don't treat his channel as the WCCFTech-tier rumor mill it is. 

It's especially annoying since there are quite a few people on this forum who defend him incredibly hard and make up ridiculous excuses for why he isn't correct. I've had at least two people legitimately tell me that Nvidia created a conspiracy theory where they deliberately fed MLID's "insider sources" false information so that he would leak the incorrect info, and that's the only reason he got stuff about Ampere wrong.

18 minutes ago, Results45 said:

Don't write him off, but don't believe him with gorging on a truckload of salt either.

I wrote off all rumors as "interesting idea, but I won't believe a single word of it until products are actually launched".

The sad thing is that a lot of people, especially those who latch onto channels like MLID seems to operate in reverse. "This is cool and until the product launches I will believe it is the truth!".

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You either have reliable information or you don't. In the case of that video, it seems like MLID does not.

If he truly has reliable insider information then he wouldn't have to make guesses, or do vague "it will be either this, that or that".

If it weren't for that I'd hate being in front of a camera and would be a bloody awful presenter I'm pretty sure I could start a BS rumor YouTube channel and be convincing. It really is not hard to make these kinds of guesses if you have been following hardware development long enough and fab technologies. Much in the same way I know I could get most places in any business with a fluro vest/branded shirt, clipboard and talk IT stuff.

14 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So you're saying that he would be more trustworthy if he simply made separate videos every time he gets a boatload of "confirmations" from his "sources". A short video containing only tangible information on factual leaks and a second separate video a day or two later discussing his analysis, speculations, extrapolations, etc.......right?

Cuz I agree. Separate the wheat from the chaff. Then go and bake bread.

20 minutes ago, leadeater said:

If it weren't for that I'd hate being in front of a camera and would be a bloody awful presenter I'm pretty sure I could start a BS rumor YouTube channel and be convincing. It really is not hard to make these kinds of guesses if you have been following hardware development long enough and fab technologies. Much in the same way I know I could most places in any business with a fluro vest, clipboard and talk IT stuff.

I've already started posting some leaks of my own on this forum.

I call them "LAwLz's bedtime leaks" since I am posting "leaks" and it's usually around bedtime. Also because I am just taking the piss.

I've meaked some very spicy stuff about Apple and OnePlus so far.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/216-lawlz/?status=273999&type=status

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/216-lawlz/?status=274580&type=status

14 minutes ago, Results45 said:

So you're saying that he would be more trustworthy if he simply made separate videos every time he gets a boatload of "confirmations" from his "sources". A short video containing only tangible information on factual leaks and a second separate video a day or two later discussing his analysis, speculations, extrapolations, etc.......right?

Cuz I agree. Separate the wheat from the chaff. Then go and bake bread.

I'd say he would be more trustworthy if he stopped pretending everything on his channels are "leaks" and instead started saying what it really was. Rumors and guesses.

And if he do post "leaks" then he better be sure they are actually correct. If they are wrong, he shouldn't pretend like that prediction never happened.

Like with the Ampere stuff. I went through his videos and he made like 3 or 4 different claims regarding the process node used through 2-3 videos. Then when it turned out one of his "leaks" were correct he ran with that one and never mentioned that he was wrong about the 1-2 other "leaks", pretending like he had been right all along and how reliable his "insider sources" were, despite something like 75% of them being wrong.

If you only got 25% accuracy from your "leaks" then you can't pretend like you are reliable, only focusing on the 25% you got right, constantly mentioning that as a reason for why people should believe other "leaks" from you.

Edit:

By the way @Results45, I am sorry if I have been harsh towards you.

You seem like you understand what MLID is and watches his channel for the "right purpose" (if there is such a thing). I'm sorry if I've sounded mad at you. It's just that I have seen so many people post those videos and religiously defend him and take his words as gospel and I have gotten fed up with it.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Much in the same way I know I could get most places in any business with a fluro vest/branded shirt, clipboard and talk IT stuff.

Or a ladder.

The problem with youtube channels that make videos on "leaks" and rumours are if they need to keep to their video schedule then what do they do if there isn't any leaks to discuss...? They wouldn't make up rumours just so they have a video to publish, would they? 😮

Don't waste your time watching that garbage. You're not getting value for your time 'learning' that a GPU might be released with maybe 10GB of VRAM or maybe it's 8GB or possibly 12GB and that it might cost around $349 or it might cost up to $499.

Looking at how vague those "leaks" are they're basically just filling in every circle on the test answer sheet so they can then go back and say "See! I filled in the correct circle!"

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@LAwLz You're Swedish? Nice. Always wanted to visit Sweden and other Nordic countries. Maybe even spend a couple months studying abroad there.

Glad you're trying out a new quarantine hobby.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, crossing my fingers that an overclocked RTX 3060TI and RX 6700XT will match the 2080TI so that I can buy one used for $350 :P

Would be fun to have The Onion style "news" channel for computer hardware and gadgets. Like as in they'd present everything in all seriousness, but it would all be just straight up bullshit :D You know, like The Onion :D

MLID is involved in a profession much much older than computers or even journalism.  Gossip columnists are as old as newspapers and before that it was known as rumormongering.  The trick is reliability is a relative continuum.  “Reliable” is not a hard 100% thing with rumormongers.  It’s also rarely zero.  Journalistic systems did a lot for rumormongering.  There are several rumormongering tv shows. TMZ is one.  Speed is traded for accuracy.  There is no “this will happen” it’s always speculation and projection and supposition.  Sometimes it’s correct, sometimes it isn’t.  Very commonly it changes with time.  One example of that was jaguar2 apu core speeds.  They went from 2.5 to well above 3 ghz.  It may have actually done that.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.