AMD RX470 died and won't post

aSteve

Hey everyone,

so my Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 470 seems to have died on me. My computer just turned off while being used and after trying to turn it back on it didn't post. Trying different output port didn't help. I tried my vintage ATI Radeon from 2006 and with it it posts.

I cleaned the card, repasted it and checked whether the capacitors look normal (which they do) but still no post. The fans are not spinning but the light for the SAPPHIRE logo is working. Any idea what to try next or do you reckon the fight is lost?

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 470 4GB

CPU: AMD FX8300 4.4Ghz

Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866

PSU: Seasonic S12II-620 620W

Operating System & Version: Manjaro, KDE plasma

Try clearing cmos, maybe use a different psu if you have one on hand. If you have room in your case, you can also try installing your ati radeon on one slot (use it to post), rx 470 in another, and see if bios or your OS detects the it

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Try clearing cmos, maybe use a different psu if you have one on hand. If you have room in your case, you can also try installing your ati radeon on one slot (use it to post), rx 470 in another, and see if bios or your OS detects the it

Thanks for the reply, clearing the cmos was actually the first thing I did, forgot to mention it. I don't have different PSU  at hand by I messaged few friends if they have one I could borrow or try the gpu at their place, although I wasn't successful so far. I'll try if the card gets detected. 

20 minutes ago, aSteve said:
Thanks for the reply, clearing the cmos was actually the first thing I did, forgot to mention it. I don't have different PSU  at hand by I messaged few friends if they have one I could borrow or try the gpu at their place, although I wasn't successful so far. I'll try if the card gets detected. 

So the card isn't getting detected in Manjaro nor in Windows. It still could be PSU related issue as the logo is powered by the PCI Expres. I'll try to get a multimeter and measure the 6pin. But for some reason I have a feeling that's not the issue.