HELP! I Can't Install Windows 10

DabzerG

I have this laptop from HP and I cannot install Windows onto the hard drive. It gives me this error. Help please.

16013160225671339879554701064046.jpg

d o u b l e g t x 1 0 8 0 t i p e n e t r a t i o n

aslong as you don't need any info on that drive, delete all partitions on the drive you are using (looks like drive 0), and then you should be able to install on it just fine. alternatively, you could pull up a cmd with "shift+f10" and clean the drive with diskpart.

Select all partitions named "Drive 0" and press Delete. Once Drive 0 is named "Drive 0 Unallocated Space", select it and press "Next".

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Remove all the other partitions and try again. You shouldn't have that many partitions on one drive.

I can't delete them.

1 minute ago, DabzerG said:

I can't delete them.

are you sure it's not just the one labeled "unallocated space" that you can't delete? in that case, there is nothing to delete. delete all the other partitions so the whole drive becomes unallocated space, then hit new, then you can install.

4 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Remove all the other partitions and try again. You shouldn't have that many partitions on one drive.

Thanks guys I solved the issue. I basically had a really bad install of XP and 10 on the hard drive and it killed it

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

are you sure it's not just the one labeled "unallocated space" that you can't delete? in that case, there is nothing to delete. delete all the other partitions so the whole drive becomes unallocated space, then hit new, then you can install.

It worked thanks