Legacy Mobo with -5v ? Uncompatible psu?

Hi , a friend of mine gave as gift this old p5b deluxe from asus with cpu and ram already installed, so I've build the system with a fsp Hydro pro 500w but unf. No post and no beep, everything is hooked up correctly but today I've thinked something, does this board needs -5v?

My psu is new so like any new psu it doesn't have the -5v pin but in the manual of p5b deluxe I found this graph indicating -5v ( even if the board is from 2006 I think) it is maybe the cause for non booting?

Screenshot_20200928-195348.jpg

no its not from that there is a -5 volts in every mobo

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

13 minutes ago, mz2250 said:

My psu is new so like any new psu it doesn't have the -5v pin but in the manual of p5b deluxe I found this graph indicating -5v ( even if the board is from 2006 I think) it is maybe the cause for non booting?

-5 Volt line was pretty much phased out of power supplies by the time that motherboard was even introduced.

Even an Asus P5A from 8 years prior with ISA slots will boot without -5V, and ISA sound cards will work, though maybe not perfectly.

10 minutes ago, hunsnotdead said:

-5 Volt line was pretty much phased out of power supplies by the time that motherboard was even introduced.

Even an Asus P5A from 8 years prior with ISA slots will boot without -5V, and ISA sound cards will work, though maybe not perfectly.

Okok, it was my last chance, I need to call that mobo or cpu dead, I've tried everything, different sticks of ram on different.ports, cmos reset, and boot without sata disks, maybe I need an idee connected to boot? But it just don't post anything, the vga was working in a different computer so that is not the problem and the psu is brand new, everything lights up, the fans pins but no beep, I guess that "retro pc save project" didn't went well

What I wondered is, there wasn't a cmos battery for a while on that board , maybe the bios is corrupted? Or it reverted to a first revision which doesn't support the core quad that was already installed?