DUAL LOOP BUILD: Zen 3, AM5 or Intel 11th

Hi guys, I'm joining the thread by asking you a question because I'm trying to collect much external opinions as i can. I plan to revamp the entire PC (excluding the 2080 ti which I think I'll replace with hopper) by making a dual loop build. It might make sense in your opinion, although I know my question is a bit premature, start this project with the upcoming zen 3 CPUs or, being this a PC of some importance, is It worth waiting for the am5 socket change (or even the next Intel gen) with the related ddr5 and keep my 4790k for now to be more "future proof". Thank you in advance for your help

Do you need the performance now or not? If yes, go Zen 3. If no, wait for AM5 or Intel 11th generation.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

AM5 and 11th gen intel desktop are still quite some time away. I wouldn't expect AM5 for at least another year and 11th gen Intel for at least 6-9 months.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Probably the upcoming 5900x is gonna be a more than satisfactory upgrade given the gap that separates it from my current cpu and will have enough performance for the use of which i will need it

My real concern is to go into a really expensive project and risk finding myself with a socket that will clearly support only this latest generation of cpu and which will then require in case of any upgrade the total change of motherboard, cpu and even ram with related waterblocks