How to diagnose my desktop video card?

HeWhoTests

I recently bought a "AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8GB, Gigabyte Gaming OC, GDDR6, 256bit, Display Port, HDMI" and ordered the company that sold me all my PC parts to assemble it and I want to test it if it's OK.

Can you suggest any software that would test if the card is OK? I don't know much about this stuff, so I guess it's performance must be tested because it looks assembled right but like I said - I'm a complete n00b at this.

Are you actually experiencing any issues? For the most part, if you got a picture, you did it right. Other than that, just run 3DMark or Heaven Benchmark on it, and verify that you're getting roughly the performance you'd expect.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

welp, seems I can't delete this, sorry for the clutter!

Edited by HeWhoTests

12 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Are you actually experiencing any issues? For the most part, if you got a picture, you did it right. Other than that, just run 3DMark or Heaven Benchmark on it, and verify that you're getting roughly the performance you'd expect.

Hello, Mr. Lord :)

I haven't experienced any issues but I haven't run anything GPU-intensive, either. So I'd like to test the video card to see if it overheats or in any other way fails when within normal working parameters.

I'll check those two out, thanks!

1 minute ago, HeWhoTests said:

Hello, Mr. Lord :)

I haven't experienced any issues but I haven't run anything GPU-intensive, either. So I'd like to test the video card to see if it overheats or in any other way fails when within normal working parameters.

Please quote people by either quoting the post using the (+) mark at the bottom of the post or by @(insert name) of poster. 

I would use MSI Afterburner to check OSD temps/utilization and run 3DMark. If you're really concerned about stability, I use the stress tests that you find in 3DMark. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, HeWhoTests said:

Hello, Mr. Lord :)

you can also run 3dmark timespy, it'll bench both CPU and GPU, and you can compare with online database to see if it's performing up to what other people are getting

you may also monitor temperature using MSI afterburner while doing tests, make sure it doesnt get too hot (over 80c is hot) for cpu and gpu

for CPU, you can run Cinebench R20 and compare it with online benchmarks, within ~5% is good enough

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

47 minutes ago, HeWhoTests said:

I recently bought a "AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8GB, Gigabyte Gaming OC, GDDR6, 256bit, Display Port, HDMI" and ordered the company that sold me all my PC parts to assemble it and I want to test it if it's OK.

Can you suggest any software that would test if the card is OK? I don't know much about this stuff, so I guess it's performance must be tested because it looks assembled right but like I said - I'm a complete n00b at this.

See just see the baseline clock speed n thermal performance on google then u monitor ur card using msi afterburner software, play a game while monitoring the card 

1 hour ago, Chris Pratt said:

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

Please quote people by either quoting the post using the (+) mark at the bottom of the post or by @(insert name) of poster. 

I would use MSI Afterburner to check OSD temps/utilization and run 3DMark. If you're really concerned about stability, I use the stress tests that you find in 3DMark. 

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

you can also run 3dmark timespy, it'll bench both CPU and GPU, and you can compare with online database to see if it's performing up to what other people are getting

you may also monitor temperature using MSI afterburner while doing tests, make sure it doesnt get too hot (over 80c is hot) for cpu and gpu

for CPU, you can run Cinebench R20 and compare it with online benchmarks, within ~5% is good enough

uhm, it says 3Dmark basic is supposed to be free but in steam there is no free option?

Am I doing something wrong or are both 3Dmark and PCmark paid only?

1 minute ago, HeWhoTests said:

uhm, it says 3Dmark basic is supposed to be free but in steam there is no free option?

3DMark you pay for, its like $20 for it on Steam but when its the Steam sales, you can usually pick it up for pretty cheap, like $5. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, HeWhoTests said:

some people say there's a demo version

i just paid for mine since i use it often

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, HeWhoTests said:

Here's the link on their website. I can't tell if it takes you to a free edition as I already own this in Steam

https://benchmarks.ul.com/3dmark#windows

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse