This is probably asking for a lot...

Hello,

I'm building a threadripper 3 computer and have everything but the CPU cooler. I was originally looking at the Enermax Liqitec TR4 II and refilling it from the start but I've read mixed results. I want to do a custom loop but after two weeks of research I still feel unsure about everything ill need to do it right. So I came here in the hope of finding someone willing to help a water cooling newb out and help me figure this out. I have a Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic, Asrock Creator TR40, 3960X Threadripper. I really want white fittings and rigid tubing but if its enough of a cost break id take black. I have a radiator picked out, a CPU block, and a pump/res but no fittings. In my newb gloriousness my loop total cost by my best guess is going to be around $800 USD with everything including a heat gun and tool kit but if I could get this number to around or below $500 I would be ecstatic. So pretty please help me out veteran coolers with all your holiness seriously I need some help I'm going crazy and I really want to put this damn thing together already. I'd like to include a drain port and a water temp sensor as well.

Parts so far just a guess

$130 Alphacool 14261 Eisbrecher Pro XT45 Full Copper 360mm Radiator

$120 EK-Velocity sTR4 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi or HEATKILLER® IV PRO for Threadripper™ ACRYL NICKEL-BLACK or Optimus since its a fair bit cooler but extra $100

$130 EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 Body D-RGB - Plexi

$??? For fittings I'm going to guess x6 compression fittings, 4 90's 2 extenders just in case I have no idea (totally ok with barrow maybe even bykski)

$?? Water temperature sensor

$?? Drain Valve and a male to female adapter?

$50 14mm Rigid Tubing probably Primochill or something

$40 Tool Kit

$?? Fluid No idea?

Attached is an incredibly rough idea of my loop

Help me Obiwan Konobi you're my only hope

Lian Li PC-011 Water Cooling Loop.jpg

Well for starters everything seems like it should work fine aslong as you verified block compatibility. I always buy 2 extra fittings in case personally. Fittings for compression style with rigid tubing have come down alot in pricing. They mostly vary for 5$ (for basic nickel plated EK fittings) to 10$ for nice white color. Personally I dont find it helpful to have water temperature, the hassle of buying, planning and hooking it up isnt worth it for me (just monitor component temps and you should be fine). There are lots of drain options but you are adding about 4 Fittings and a 3-4 way splitter block, I recommend it if you can put it on the bottom of the loop and make a fill port as these will make your system much easier to manage.

Fluid, I recommend nothing more than distilled water with biocide or any clear, non dyed fluids. Ive dealt with opaque fluids which will literally clog a system in 6 months of normal/heavy use. Dyed fluids with stain tubing and blocks over time so its much harder to adapt it to a different color. I personally use a very lightly opaque white fluid and RGB lighting to highlight a color

Awesome information, thank you kindly. For the drain port, it would go radiator > Compression fitting > tube > 3 way splitter > tube something to female > mini valve > ? for the other side of 3 way fitting, tube > component?