EN9800 GTX+

medar

So I bought an en9800 gtx+ but I dont know how to connect it it has 2 6pins connectors at the top and inonly have 1 6pin what do I do i dont want to mess up something.

My specs are

AMD FX 6300

8gb hyperX Fury

500W psu

Gigabyte GA 78lmt s2 r1 mini atx

make sure the power supply can actually power the system with the video card first. 

The FX 6300 will consume up to 60-80 watts from the 12v output of the power supply.

The motherboard and RAM will consume around 20 watts from 12v output.

The video card will consume up to around 100-125 watts from 12v output. 

A mechanical hard drive will consume up to 10 watts and each fan consumes up to 2 watts. 

So you need to have a power supply that can provide AT LEAST 80w + 20w + 125w = 225 watts on the 12v output. Look on the label and make sure the number of A (current) multiplied by 12v gives you at least 250w, ideally at least 300 watts. Basically, it should have AT LEAST around 26-30A in total. 

A decent 500w power supply should have at least 430w / 12v = ~ 36 A of current on 12v.

If the power supply seems capable, you can buy adapter cables that convert 2 molex connector (old style hard drive connectors) into a pci-e 6+2 connector, and you can leave the +2 part hanging, not inserted anywhere. 

A single molex connector is good for 5A (5A x 12v = 60 watts) , so an adapter with 2 molex connector can give the video card up to 120 watts, while a pci-e 6 pin connector is only required to give 75 watts... so it would be safe to use.

Example of adapter cable :

6 pin (2 pack) https://www.amazon.com/Express-Molex-Power-Adapter-Graphics/dp/B0823HFS27/

6+2 variety (3 pack) : https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-3-Pack-Express-Molex-9-inch/dp/B073PB6BTY/

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

make sure the power supply can actually power the system with the video card first. 

The FX 6300 will consume up to 60-80 watts from the 12v output of the power supply.

The motherboard and RAM will consume around 20 watts from 12v output.

The video card will consume up to around 100-125 watts from 12v output. 

A mechanical hard drive will consume up to 10 watts and each fan consumes up to 2 watts. 

So you need to have a power supply that can provide AT LEAST 80w + 20w + 125w = 225 watts on the 12v output. Look on the label and make sure the number of A (current) multiplied by 12v gives you at least 250w, ideally at least 300 watts. Basically, it should have AT LEAST around 26-30A in total. 

A decent 500w power supply should have at least 430w / 12v = ~ 36 A of current on 12v.

If the power supply seems capable, you can buy adapter cables that convert 2 molex connector (old style hard drive connectors) into a pci-e 6+2 connector, and you can leave the +2 part hanging, not inserted anywhere. 

A single molex connector is good for 5A (5A x 12v = 60 watts) , so an adapter with 2 molex connector can give the video card up to 120 watts, while a pci-e 6 pin connector is only required to give 75 watts... so it would be safe to use.

Example of adapter cable :

6 pin (2 pack) https://www.amazon.com/Express-Molex-Power-Adapter-Graphics/dp/B0823HFS27/

6+2 variety (3 pack) : https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-3-Pack-Express-Molex-9-inch/dp/B073PB6BTY/

This seems complicated for my brain and english isnt my main language. So basically I only have 1 6pin connector that goes to molex I dont have 2. Can I use 1 or do I have to buy another one. Heres a picture because im stupid at explaining stuff

1601288534070160158242533944941.jpg

You can use it for now, but you really should buy a cable with TWO molex connectors at the other end. 

That cable is meant to be used with video cards with a single 6 pin slot, which barely draw power from the 6 pin connector (for example, cards which take 50-60 watts from pci-e slot and 20-30 watts from pci-e 6pin connector)

Cards like yours with 2 pci-e 6 pin connectors will consume a lot of power from the 6 pin connectors and an adapter like the one in your picture may overheat if you play games for very long periods of time.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You can use it for now, but you really should buy a cable with TWO molex connectors at the other end. 

That cable is meant to be used with video cards with a single 6 pin slot, which barely draw power from the 6 pin connector (for example, cards which take 50-60 watts from pci-e slot and 20-30 watts from pci-e 6pin connector)

Cards like yours with 2 pci-e 6 pin connectors will consume a lot of power from the 6 pin connectors and an adapter like the one in your picture may overheat if you play games for very long periods of time.

wait but I have only 1 6 pin connector can i use it without the other 6 pin? And if yes in which slot do I put it in because there are 2

No, the video card needs both connectors to receive power.

Your video card consumes up to 100-125 watts. 

It will take some amount from the pci-e slot... up to 50-60 watts (but probably only around 20-30w), and the rest will be from the 6 pin connectors. 

The video card is only allowed to take up to 75w through one connector. 

So, it needs to receive energy through both 6 pin connectors.

You have one 6 pin from the power supply and you have the adapter cable ... use both.  Start searching for an adapter cable which has 2 molex connectors. 

If you have time to take pictures, take a picture of the power supply label, and I'll tell you if it's good enough to work with the video card.

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

No, the video card needs both connectors to receive power.

Your video card consumes up to 100-125 watts. 

It will take some amount from the pci-e slot... up to 50-60 watts (but probably only around 20-30w), and the rest will be from the 6 pin connectors. 

The video card is only allowed to take up to 75w through one connector. 

So, it needs to receive energy through both 6 pin connectors.

You have one 6 pin from the power supply and you have the adapter cable ... use both.  Start searching for an adapter cable which has 2 molex connectors. 

If you have time to take pictures, take a picture of the power supply label, and I'll tell you if it's good enough to work with the video card.

i will so basically I have to buy the same 6pin I have now and connect them both into the graphics card and then into the psu with the molex. Or do I need to buy 2 6pins with 2 molexes (4 molexes in total) and then connect alll of thoosee molexes to the psu so thats 4 molex cables connected. this is really confusing I wish there was a video about connecting it and installing it when I read it its confusing

also there is this small connector in the graphics card what is this for

16012899150663778454524942909028.jpg

No.

Your power supply should have one 6 pin or a 6+2 pin connector already connected to it. Maybe 2.  If it has two, connect both to video card. 

Connect the adapter cable to molex connector on your power supply then connect the 6 pin to the video card on one of the 6 pin connectors. 

if your power supply has no pci-e 6 pin or 8 pin connectors , then you really should take a picture of the label, because most likely it's a very bad quality or low wattage power supply, which isn't really 500 watts capable.

It doesn't matter which 6 pin plug goes in which connector on the video card - you just need to have both connectors on the video card filled.

No idea what that small header is for, I would guess extra fan header, or maybe some "turbo" bios mode for the video card. You would have to go on asus website and download the manual for that video card or look at the advertising for that card from back then (internet archive or whatever) or reviews and you can figure out what that is.

14 minutes ago, mariushm said:

No.

Your power supply should have one 6 pin or a 6+2 pin connector already connected to it. Maybe 2.  If it has two, connect both to video card. 

Connect the adapter cable to molex connector on your power supply then connect the 6 pin to the video card on one of the 6 pin connectors. 

if your power supply has no pci-e 6 pin or 8 pin connectors , then you really should take a picture of the label, because most likely it's a very bad quality or low wattage power supply, which isn't really 500 watts capable.

It doesn't matter which 6 pin plug goes in which connector on the video card - you just need to have both connectors on the video card filled.

No idea what that small header is for, I would guess extra fan header, or maybe some "turbo" bios mode for the video card. You would have to go on asus website and download the manual for that video card or look at the advertising for that card from back then (internet archive or whatever) or reviews and you can figure out what that is.

its flipped but flip your phone i guess or your monitor xD. its on the floor because my case is coming in 2 days lmao

16012909792534910184109208746763.jpg

Ok, so that's a "Sinan Power" (?) Power Line VP-430W power supply, and can't do 500w... it's a 400-430w power supply.  

If you look on the label, you can see it can supply up to 360 watts on 12v and the rest up to 430w is only available on 3.3v and 5v and 5v standby, which are not used by processor and video card. 

Luckily 360 watts should be enough for your video card and cpu, if the power supply is working properly it should be fine. 

I've searched on Google to get the number of connectors and types but there's several models with same name, with different number of connectors.

If it does not have pci-e 6 pin connectors, you need TWO (2)  adapters for the video card - you could use the one you already have, but you MUST use TWO adapters, you need both headers on the video card filled. 

Ideally, but two adapter cables which convert TWO molex connectors to one 6 pin or 6+2,  there should be 4 or 6 molex connectors in total on that power supply, and maybe a couple SATA connectors. 

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Ok, so that's a "Sinan Power" (?) Power Line VP-430W power supply, and can't do 500w... it's a 400-430w power supply.  

If you look on the label, you can see it can supply up to 360 watts on 12v and the rest up to 430w is only available on 3.3v and 5v and 5v standby, which are not used by processor and video card. 

Luckily 360 watts should be enough for your video card and cpu, if the power supply is working properly it should be fine. 

I've searched on Google to get the number of connectors and types but there's several models with same name, with different number of connectors.

If it does not have pci-e 6 pin connectors, you need TWO (2)  adapters for the video card - you could use the one you already have, but you MUST use TWO adapters, you need both headers on the video card filled. 

Ideally, but two adapter cables which convert TWO molex connectors to one 6 pin or 6+2,  there should be 4 or 6 molex connectors in total on that power supply, and maybe a couple SATA connectors. 

can I use 1 of these i already have so 1 6pin and 1 molex, and buy another one with 1 6pin and 2 molexes. And also would I connect all the molexes or not if i did that