Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
King Spartan

What headphones should i get?

Posted · Original PosterOP

so my current headphones are the Sennheiser HD 598 SE. im looking for somthing better for gaming or watching movies. i do not have an amp or dac if you think i should not get new headphones but get an amp or dac please tell me.

the current headphones im looking at are the beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Over-Ear

You haven't provided what you are looking for with this upgrade. It also doesn't help that your current ones are open-back and DT's you're looking into are closed-back. There's no mention on what you plan to hook them to - TV, PC, something else? If PC what are they running on, integra? What's your budget?

Shitload of questions people would immediately throw at you because you weren't descriptive enough.

And then they would start discussing about those suggestions they posted :D.

28 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

so my current headphones are the Sennheiser HD 598 SE. im looking for somthing better for gaming or watching movies. i do not have an amp or dac if you think i should not get new headphones but get an amp or dac please tell me.

the current headphones im looking at are the beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Over-Ear

What do you mean with better? Is there something your HD 598 is missing?

Generally the DT-770 are more linear, so not ideal for watching movies if you like lots of bass.

Not that they are lacking but you would need to play a bit with an equalizer to find the right settings you feel comfortable with. If you wanted something for recording and production, the DT-770 or the Sennheiser HD 280 are a good choice and prices seem to have gone down significantly lately.

Personally I prefer capable linear headphones that can do more than just hifi, with some tuning that is.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Soag said:

You haven't provided what you are looking for with this upgrade. It also doesn't help that your current ones are open-back and DT's you're looking into are closed-back. There's no mention on what you plan to hook them to - TV, PC, something else? If PC what are they running on, integra? What's your budget?

Shitload of questions people would immediately throw at you because you weren't descriptive enough.

And then they would start discussing about those suggestions they posted :D.

PC on my motherboared. im looking to use them to play games and watch movies by games i mean FPS. my budget is no more that $250 usd

2 hours ago, King Spartan said:

PC on my motherboared. im looking to use them to play games and watch movies by games i mean FPS. my budget is no more that $250 usd

You could get the dt 990 pros with an amp/DAC like the ifi zen DAC. Might be out of your budget but it'll be worth it. 

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)