Am I on backup BIOS or Main?, How do I tell

ThiccPug
Go to solution Solved by AndreiArgeanu,

Well if Gigabyte's old DUAL BIOS documentation is anything to go by. The way it works is, if the bios fails on start up, on the next start up it will basically take the factory backup bios from the backup bios chip and flash it to the main bios chip, and then booting from it. That's about all I know, and the only "documentation"  I could find was this old cheesy gigabyte website from around the 2010's. https://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/55/tech_081226_dualbios.htm

image.png.29d68332da5e8747df694b2f11739bd1.png

Recently, i tried to update my bios and windows kept going into startup repair, and then i decided i would reflash using my bios backup, and then my monitor would have 'no signal' so then i tried accessing my back-up bios,It didnt seem to work but then i mashed del and it brang up my BIOS so I exited, and windows booted saying I was on F41, which is what i was on before, and it still had my custom boot logo, so i cant tell if its the backup BIOS or not...
(My MoBo is a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M)
All help is appreciated : D

Roses are red

the sky is blue,

So is your monitor, Your PC ran into a problem. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you : (

Well if Gigabyte's old DUAL BIOS documentation is anything to go by. The way it works is, if the bios fails on start up, on the next start up it will basically take the factory backup bios from the backup bios chip and flash it to the main bios chip, and then booting from it. That's about all I know, and the only "documentation"  I could find was this old cheesy gigabyte website from around the 2010's. https://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/55/tech_081226_dualbios.htm

image.png.29d68332da5e8747df694b2f11739bd1.png

Thanks, Hopefully its still the same :D

Roses are red

the sky is blue,

So is your monitor, Your PC ran into a problem. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you : (