Powerline ethernet adapters vs Wifi/ethernet ping.

This goes to whoever uses powerline adapters, could you please mention the model name of your kit and also list a comparison in ping latency between at least two of the three (powerline, wifi, ethernet ) obviously powerline being a mandatory participant in the comparison :P

Please avoid the mistake of using a website such as speedtest.com or fast.com etc as this wont show the ping introduced by the powerline kit but rather the ping between your router and the webserver you are testing via those webpages. 

You can use cmd (open it by pressing the start button and then type CMD and then hit enter from there you just type "ping xxx.xxx.x.x -t" without the quote marks also the Xs are placeholders for number please use your gateway address/the ip you would normally enter to get into your modem/routers controlpanel/menu in many cases it is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 if you dont know google "default getaway for *your modem's model number here* " or look at the sticker behind or under your modem where the wifi pass is printed )  the -r will just make pings until you stop it (the more the better leave it for at least 20 seconds) in order to stop it push CTR+C  

then a result will be displayed with min max and average just as this one:

VWWJa6V.png

In my case the getaway ip was 192.168.1.1 if it doesnt work for you then please refere to the tips I mention above on how to find out what's your getaway. you need to follow the same steps for either wifi or ethernet. 

This would help anybody who will in the future google for a powerline kit that has the lowest latency (suitable for gaming for example) 

I dont have a powerline kit yet (hence I was researching did not find almost no results :)  )

I thank you in advance guys 

Nice idea, but I think the results will already be skewed by the fact that powerline adapters are affected by home wiring quality and distance of wiring runs between adapters in addition to other interference.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Nice idea, but I think the results will already be skewed by the fact that powerline adapters are affected by home wiring quality and distance of wiring runs between adapters in addition to other interference.

Well the topic will be useful more than a reference as to what is to be expected compared to their ethernet or wifi which is useful as well + some people may have similar models etch.