Best way to remove collars from fitting

Is there some secret way of removing the collar from the fitting? I have been going at it with some of my fittings refusing to loosen. 

18 minutes ago, Starlord808 said:

Is there some secret way of removing the collar from the fitting? I have been going at it with some of my fittings refusing to loosen. 

Which device are you referring to specifically?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Which device are you referring to specifically?

EKWB Soft tubing fittings 

3 hours ago, Starlord808 said:

EKWB Soft tubing fittings 

The problem is EK has been around for a very very long time.  Hundreds of models. this is kind of like you said “I have a car.  It is broken.  Tell me how to fix it” reply was what kind of car?” And the return reply was “it’s a Ford.” Still not enough info.  There are a bunch of different products that fit that description.  There is even more than one way soft tubing can be attached.  This is sounding like possibly a screw on compression fitting, but crimped compression fittings have also been done.  I don’t know if ekwb has done them or not. 
Looking at the ekwb fittings guide

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/fittings-and-tubing-guide/

ekwb does both compression and barbed fittings. there is implication here that their compression fittings are all screw type but I don’t know for sure. 

There is basically no way to attach or disattach a crimped compression fitting. Generally such fittings have to be cut with a dremel, destroying the fitting and generally the portion of hose it was attached to, or the whole hose with fitting unscrewed from the block and discarded.
Barbed fittings (which you may or may not have) not uncommonly have to be cut from the fitting and new hose used.  Not always but it can happen.  Fitting can be saved but the hose is shorter or possibly simply toast.

A lot of AIOs have even less removable and reattachable stuff.  With some of those the actual hose is this incredibly thin plastic thing and there is another tube around it that is basically merely protective.  With these basically nothing at all can be done.

Make and model is needed so they can be looked up online.  A photo would be a poor second but still better than is here.  It’s not impossible that enough information could be deduced from what information you have given to say ”it’s got to be this kind of fitting”.  Such a person would have to know a good deal about the EK water block products in general though.  I do not. 

I can give some general ideas which may or may not apply:

IF it’s a screw on compression fitting (no idea if this is the case or not) some types have a spring latch system.  There is an inner and outer part of the fitting, where either pushing down or pulling up will engage a cam and allow the inner fitting to be turned.  I don’t know if EK ever used this type or not. I’m seeing pictures online that imply a pull type screw compression fitting was at one time used, but I have no idea of when.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Not making it tight would be the first step. 
I just use two sets of pillars. Very tightly so they don’t slip and mar the surface. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Without seeing what you're talking about I'll guess compression fittings.  Cut some 3/8 tubing, shove it on the tips of needle nose pliers....boom...soft needle nose pliers.   Slipjoint pliers are good too.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Do soft tube fittings not have the allen wrench hole on the inside like hard line fittings? I always use hard tubing and inside all the EK fittings they have allen holes for easy install/removal.

If not just use an old rag and grab the fitting with some pliers and turn