Anyone getting star wars squadrons?

PurplDrank

what are the thoughts on this. it is only $39.99. Which seems like a good price compared to some of EAs other titles. 

4 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

it is only $39.99.

You forgot EA tax. Thats 299.99 if you actually want to do something in the game without spending 500 hours in it. 

Now considering the question itself haven't watched a single star war movie in my life so I have no particular interest in the game.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Not sure.

I have a feeling being solely focused on space combat could feel a bit limited after a while - which, I suspect, is why it's not full AAA price.

After all, let's be honest, it's just one of many game modes in the Battlefront games (albeit a great one).

3 minutes ago, Gundar said:

You forgot EA tax. Thats 299.99 if you actually want to do something in the game without spending 500 hours in it. 

Now considering the question itself haven't watched a single star war movie in my life so I have no particular interest in the game.

not sure what you mean by that. There are no micro transactions and its EAs least expensive AAA game in sometime

Just now, PurplDrank said:

not sure what you mean by that. There are no micro transactions and its EAs least expensive AAA game in sometime

No micro transactions?

First, Jedi Fallen Order, now this.

35 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

No micro transactions?

First, Jedi Fallen Order, now this.

yes they stated no microtransactions. all skins and all that stuff will be obtainable only by playing the game.

Eh, probably gonna wait a few weeks/months after release to see if it's good. MOTIVE's only other credit is the 2017 Battlefront II, and the guy in charge - Patrick Klaus - only has the more boring of the Harry Potter and Assassin's Creed games on his resume. Klaus replaced Jade Raymond in 2018 (a year or two after Squadrons started development). She was the executive producer of Assassin's Creed 1, 2 and Watch Dogs. Still meh.

Probably also worth mentioning that before Motive was Motive, it was Bioware Montreal - whose only credit was Mass Effect Andromeda. 

Big reasons I'm hopeful is that Amy Hennig (writer, Uncharted 1-3, part of 4) and Kim Swift (designer, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life 2) are working on this one. Especially because Amy Hennig is known far calling Neil Druckmann (The Last of Us 2 writer) a 'jerkoff'
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/12/the-last-of-us-2-director-jerkoff-ex-uncharted-movie-writer/

6 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

I get the feeling it either hasn't had a lot of hours put into its development, doesn't have a lot in the way of gameplay, or both. After Fallen Order's success (10 million people copies sold in the first 5 months), I figured they would milk any halfway decent game that can even barely justify a full price tag, this might not.