Newegg is canceling orders that used affiliate links

Jet_ski

Yup. I have now 3 times purchased different GPUs from Newegg and I believe they've canceled my order because I used an affiliate link to buy the product. I used the affiliate link because NewEgg's notifications are garbage. Each time I made a payment and received an order confirmation.

Adding insult to injury, NewEgg is still charging me for the digital goods that were supposedly FREE with my purchase.

---UPDATE---

Support says I won't be charged for the game, despite what their email says. 

Have you contacted support about it? I don't think the reason for the order cancelations would be an affiliate link, there is likely something else going on. 

Just now, The_russian said:

Have you contacted support about it? I don't think the reason for the order cancelations would be an affiliate link, there is likely something else going on. 

No it is. They figured its and RTX 3090 and can sell it anyway, so why pay the affiliate their cut. 

1 minute ago, Jet_ski said:

No it is. They figured its and RTX 3090 and can sell it anyway, so why pay the affiliate their cut. 

source?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Jet_ski said:

Source? If you have not contacted NewEgg about why your orders are being cancelled, for all you know your bank or credit card issuer might see the pending / hold charges from NewEgg, then be denying the actual charge because they're protecting you from what they might suspect is possible fraud.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Have you considered letting the source of the affiliate link serve as the notification and then going directly to Newegg to test this theory?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

The 3090 ? It's more likely being cancelled because they ran out of stock and for some reason your order had gone through when they didn't have any stocks.

The bots are buying the GPUs within a few seconds. It's next to impossible for a regular user to buy them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Source? If you have not contacted NewEgg about why your orders are being cancelled, for all you know your bank or credit card issuer might see the pending / hold charges from NewEgg, then be denying the actual charge because they're protecting you from what they might suspect is possible fraud.

The charge has total posted to my card. The source is my guess; otherwise I would have posted in the News forum. 3 times!! really 3 orders cancelled after payment was taken and a confirmation email was sent!!! 

Just now, Jet_ski said:

The charge has total posted to my card. The source is my guess; otherwise I would have posted in the News forum. 3 times!! really 3 orders cancelled after payment was taken and a confirmation email was sent!!! 

Then I would contact Newegg support immediately to find out what's going on. At the very least, they should offer to reverse the charges, as it's illegal to collect payment for an order they don't intend to ship you.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)