USB C dock input lag question

Projex

I couldn't find a very clear answer anywhere. I want to hook my laptop up to an external monitor, and I wanted to use something like this for a cleaner look. Does anybody know if using something like this introduces any extra input lag on a HDMI connection? 

that adapter has a built in gpu that uses a usb bus. Meaning you aren't actually using your laptops gpu.... you;re just adding a very low end gpu to the laptop that happens to be usb. it only supports 4k at 30hz and 1080 at 60hz.

If you;re only doing basic office work then it'll be fine but I'm not 100% sure that could even play back 4k video at 30hz very well

1 minute ago, emosun said:

that adapter has a built in gpu that uses a usb bus. Meaning you aren't actually using your laptops gpu.... you;re just adding a very low end gpu to the laptop that happens to be usb. it only supports 4k at 30hz and 1080 at 60hz.

If you;re only doing basic office work then it'll be fine but I'm not 100% sure that could even play back 4k video at 30hz very well

Oh, ok. Thanks. Do you anything that will allow me to output 1440P@144HZ using my laptop's built in GPU

2 minutes ago, Projex said:

Oh, ok. Thanks. Do you anything that will allow me to output 1440P@144HZ using my laptop's built in GPU

Which laptop do you have?

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Just now, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Which laptop do you have?

ASUS Zephyrus G14. Ryzen 7 1660Ti model

supposedly your machine just needs a cable from usb c to display port as the displayport is just sent through the usb port. but idk why they dont include that cable with your machine

46 minutes ago, emosun said:

No, USB-C ones use the DisplayPort alt mode protocol, so the dock display outputs come from the laptop GPU.

34 minutes ago, emosun said:

supposedly your machine just needs a cable from usb c to display port as the displayport is just sent through the usb port. but idk why they dont include that cable with your machine

It needs a USB-C port with DP alt mode output, then the dock just plugs into the USB-C port on the laptop.

3 hours ago, Glenwing said:

No, USB-C ones use the DisplayPort alt mode protocol, so the dock display outputs come from the laptop GPU.

then it wouldnt have such a low limit on the resolution and refresh rate