blue screens, game crashes, and wierd things going on

Avocheeseado

Hi. I am experiencing wierd things with my computer. I apologise in advance for this long thread.. For ages, I have been getting game crashes, mainly just in fortnite. I have replaced my ram which has stopped it happening as frequently but not completely. Over the past week, I have got a blue screen saying CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Also, 90 percent of the time i boot my computer, it gets stuck on the post screen and i have to force restart. One other thing that happened once was I logged in, my home screen was black and most of my apps and things were gone. A restart fixed this though.

I have tried DDU drivers, updating drivers, replacing RAM. Any ideas what could fix this as it is very irritating! Thanks

My specs are:

Try resetting your BIOS with no overclock on either CPU and/or RAM. Run it at 100% factory stock settings. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I think it's the chair. /s

Install your memory in the 2nd and 4th slots on the board (if you haven't already), and then run Memtest86, both with and without XMP.

What BIOS revision are you running?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I think it's the chair. /s

Install your memory in the 2nd and 4th slots on the board (if you haven't already), and then run Memtest86, both with and without XMP.

What BIOS revision are you running?

oh yeah for some reason my chair is in there. I will check the bios version

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Try resetting your BIOS with no overclock on either CPU and/or RAM. Run it at 100% factory stock settings. 

I can try that but this is something that happens on and off for a while so i will have to test it over a while

1 minute ago, Avocheeseado said:

I can try that but this is something that happens on and off for a while so i will have to test it over a while

My thinking is its not liking the memory timings. Its common with 1st gen and Zen+ to a lesser degree. Its very touchy and can require manually tuning of timings somewhat and voltages both the DRAM and SOC to get it stable. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

My thinking is its not liking the memory timings. Its common with 1st gen and Zen+ to a lesser degree. Its very touchy and can require manually tuning of timings somewhat and voltages both the DRAM and SOC to get it stable. 

I will turn off xmp and see what happens.. Would that explain why I get stuck on the post screen though?

Just now, Avocheeseado said:

I will turn off xmp and see what happens.. Would that explain why I get stuck on the post screen though?

I have experienced similar with mine with unstable XMP/overclocking of Memory so I would say yes. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig