3080 Versions in EU Cheaped out & Much more expensive

visible

Alright, in regards to cheap capacitor builds where board partners cheaped out - supposedly asus TUF Gaming is the best, and everyone is praising asus for not cheaping out... yet be careful.. they DID.

Heres a clear example of US Version of asus TUF Gaming: and below EU version... Notice the capacitor difference?

unknown.png

05_2-652432-3686x2473.jpg

>Moved to Graphics Cards

Maybe the one they used for the promotional image was an early production sample and they later changed production on retail cards to use MLCCs?

The US Newegg site shows the exact same image as the supposed "EU version".

https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-rtx3080-10g-gaming/p/N82E16814126453?Description=Asus TUF 3080&cm_re=Asus_TUF 3080-_-14-126-453-_-Product&quicklink=true

Don't trust the promotional images. I would be interested if anyone who actually receives the card gets something different.

I'd actually be even more interested if Asus change the images after all this backlash and fear over the caps being used.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

That one is an image of someone owning a card, and the other is an image from an online website?

Are you aware that companies sent reviewers models with capacitors that were revised before launch?

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING/gallery/

That's the official gallery, I've yet to see a single TUF card matching the last image in someone's hands

Hopefully. otherwise it would be strange, though you wont know for sure until you open it.

I want to get a 3080 but atm for 1139.89$ dont really want to buy off stores.. I dont see its value that high... I think perhaps waiting for 6900XT is better.

Exeon is right, a lot if not all of the AIB's made changes to the cards, but promotion material  show the old cards and many reviewers also received the original model.

do you think its worth paying ~1.15-1.3k for it atm? its double the FE price..

4 minutes ago, visible said:

do you think its worth paying ~1.15-1.3k for it atm? its double the FE price..

Paying that much would be impulse buying.

3 minutes ago, Deli said:

Paying that much would be impulse buying.

I see, well, im not 100% it will even drop in price in EU.. stores here seem to be hyper greedy, even 2080 Ti is still 1500 EUR+

image.png.35deded6c19309c1a8e829c67c2b60d4.png

12 minutes ago, visible said:

even 2080 Ti is still 1500 EUR+

The 2080Ti shop prices probably won't lower even after 3070 will arrive.

I edit my posts more often than not

5 minutes ago, visible said:

I see, well, im not 100% it will even drop in price in EU.. stores here seem to be hyper greedy, even 2080 Ti is still 1500 EUR+

The price will drop when the supply is back and the initial hype dies down. I'm looking for a GPU upgrade as well, though not in urgent. Wait until AMD shows their cards on the table. Or maybe even get more news about the release of 3080 with more VRAM. No way I'll pay €1200 for a 3080.

Absolutely have no idea who's gonna pay €1500 for a 2080Ti now. Fools maybe.

Just now, Deli said:

The price will drop when the supply is back and the initial hype dies down. I'm looking for a GPU upgrade as well, though not in urgent. Wait until AMD shows their cards on the table. Or maybe even get more news about the release of 3080 with more VRAM. No way I'll pay €1200 for a 3080.

Agree, Nvidia is pulling intel moves, ramping up prices artificially... but yes, so far 6900XT looks good, the 80 CU unit. a glimmer of hope? AMD these years is the knight with the battered armor that survived countless battles 😛 and nvidia is the "white knight" aka douche, hopefully if AMD takes lead in next years, they dont turn into nvidia.

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

The 2080Ti price probably won't lower even after 3070 will arrive.

The shops can take those 2080Ti to their graves. I can easily find second hand 2080Ti for €600 or less.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

The shops can take those 2080Ti to their graves. I can easily find second hand 2080Ti for €600 or less.

Locally people sell even 2nd hand 2080Tis above 600 Eur... I consider that 2080Ti value atm is ~350 eur 2nd hand.

2 hours ago, visible said:

Agree, Nvidia is pulling intel moves, ramping up prices artificially... but yes, so far 6900XT looks good, the 80 CU unit. a glimmer of hope? AMD these years is the knight with the battered armor that survived countless battles 😛 and nvidia is the "white knight" aka douche, hopefully if AMD takes lead in next years, they dont turn into nvidia.

I really want more than 10GB VRAM for 6K/8K video editing and Blender. So a 16GB 6900XT with similar performance to 3080 would be sweet. Fingers cross.

1 hour ago, visible said:

Locally people sell even 2nd hand 2080Tis above 600 Eur... I consider that 2080Ti value atm is ~350 eur 2nd hand.

I actually believe the 3070 will not be as good as the 2080TI, at best it'll match it, which will mean that at 11GB's VRAM the 2080TI will pull ahead.

Considering the 3070 isn't out yet, and it's not likely to be sold at MRSP, if the 2080TI would go for 500-600€ is actually pretty decent

3 minutes ago, Exeon said:

I actually believe the 3070 will not be as good as the 2080TI, at best it'll match it, which will mean that at 11GB's VRAM the 2080TI will pull ahead.

Considering the 3070 isn't out yet, and it's not likely to be sold at MRSP, if the 2080TI would go for 500-600€ is actually pretty decent

RTX Wise / DLSS 2.0 alone kind of outvalues 2080 Ti, not sure if 2080 Ti has DLSS 2.0

2 hours ago, visible said:

RTX Wise / DLSS 2.0 alone kind of outvalues 2080 Ti, not sure if 2080 Ti has DLSS 2.0

I believe it does

RTX performance drops are the same on both generations, the 3000 series doesn't seem to run RTX better from benchmarks