Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
visible

3080 Versions in EU Cheaped out & Much more expensive

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Alright, in regards to cheap capacitor builds where board partners cheaped out - supposedly asus TUF Gaming is the best, and everyone is praising asus for not cheaping out... yet be careful.. they DID.

 

Heres a clear example of US Version of asus TUF Gaming: and below EU version... Notice the capacitor difference?

unknown.png

 

05_2-652432-3686x2473.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

>Moved to Graphics Cards


Maybe the one they used for the promotional image was an early production sample and they later changed production on retail cards to use MLCCs?

 

The US Newegg site shows the exact same image as the supposed "EU version".

https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-rtx3080-10g-gaming/p/N82E16814126453?Description=Asus TUF 3080&cm_re=Asus_TUF 3080-_-14-126-453-_-Product&quicklink=true

 

Don't trust the promotional images. I would be interested if anyone who actually receives the card gets something different.

I'd actually be even more interested if Asus change the images after all this backlash and fear over the caps being used.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites

That one is an image of someone owning a card, and the other is an image from an online website?

 

Are you aware that companies sent reviewers models with capacitors that were revised before launch?

 

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING/gallery/

 

That's the official gallery, I've yet to see a single TUF card matching the last image in someone's hands

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Hopefully. otherwise it would be strange, though you wont know for sure until you open it.

I want to get a 3080 but atm for 1139.89$ dont really want to buy off stores.. I dont see its value that high... I think perhaps waiting for 6900XT is better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exeon is right, a lot if not all of the AIB's made changes to the cards, but promotion material  show the old cards and many reviewers also received the original model.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, visible said:

do you think its worth paying ~1.15-1.3k for it atm? its double the FE price..

Paying that much would be impulse buying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Deli said:

Paying that much would be impulse buying.

I see, well, im not 100% it will even drop in price in EU.. stores here seem to be hyper greedy, even 2080 Ti is still 1500 EUR+

image.png.35deded6c19309c1a8e829c67c2b60d4.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, visible said:

even 2080 Ti is still 1500 EUR+

The 2080Ti shop prices probably won't lower even after 3070 will arrive.


... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, visible said:

I see, well, im not 100% it will even drop in price in EU.. stores here seem to be hyper greedy, even 2080 Ti is still 1500 EUR+

The price will drop when the supply is back and the initial hype dies down. I'm looking for a GPU upgrade as well, though not in urgent. Wait until AMD shows their cards on the table. Or maybe even get more news about the release of 3080 with more VRAM. No way I'll pay €1200 for a 3080.

 

Absolutely have no idea who's gonna pay €1500 for a 2080Ti now. Fools maybe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Deli said:

The price will drop when the supply is back and the initial hype dies down. I'm looking for a GPU upgrade as well, though not in urgent. Wait until AMD shows their cards on the table. Or maybe even get more news about the release of 3080 with more VRAM. No way I'll pay €1200 for a 3080.

Agree, Nvidia is pulling intel moves, ramping up prices artificially... but yes, so far 6900XT looks good, the 80 CU unit. a glimmer of hope? AMD these years is the knight with the battered armor that survived countless battles 😛 and nvidia is the "white knight" aka douche, hopefully if AMD takes lead in next years, they dont turn into nvidia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

The 2080Ti price probably won't lower even after 3070 will arrive.

The shops can take those 2080Ti to their graves. I can easily find second hand 2080Ti for €600 or less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Deli said:

The shops can take those 2080Ti to their graves. I can easily find second hand 2080Ti for €600 or less.

Locally people sell even 2nd hand 2080Tis above 600 Eur... I consider that 2080Ti value atm is ~350 eur 2nd hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, visible said:

Agree, Nvidia is pulling intel moves, ramping up prices artificially... but yes, so far 6900XT looks good, the 80 CU unit. a glimmer of hope? AMD these years is the knight with the battered armor that survived countless battles 😛 and nvidia is the "white knight" aka douche, hopefully if AMD takes lead in next years, they dont turn into nvidia.

I really want more than 10GB VRAM for 6K/8K video editing and Blender. So a 16GB 6900XT with similar performance to 3080 would be sweet. Fingers cross.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, visible said:

Locally people sell even 2nd hand 2080Tis above 600 Eur... I consider that 2080Ti value atm is ~350 eur 2nd hand.

I actually believe the 3070 will not be as good as the 2080TI, at best it'll match it, which will mean that at 11GB's VRAM the 2080TI will pull ahead.

Considering the 3070 isn't out yet, and it's not likely to be sold at MRSP, if the 2080TI would go for 500-600€ is actually pretty decent

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Exeon said:

I actually believe the 3070 will not be as good as the 2080TI, at best it'll match it, which will mean that at 11GB's VRAM the 2080TI will pull ahead.

Considering the 3070 isn't out yet, and it's not likely to be sold at MRSP, if the 2080TI would go for 500-600€ is actually pretty decent

RTX Wise / DLSS 2.0 alone kind of outvalues 2080 Ti, not sure if 2080 Ti has DLSS 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, visible said:

RTX Wise / DLSS 2.0 alone kind of outvalues 2080 Ti, not sure if 2080 Ti has DLSS 2.0

I believe it does

RTX performance drops are the same on both generations, the 3000 series doesn't seem to run RTX better from benchmarks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×