Does rtx3000 have capacitors?

dfsgsfa

looking at rtx30i0 teardown , i dont see any cylinder thingy on pcb

if not , will it more likely to coilwine?

or capacitor has new shaped?

Cylinder capacitors are generally higher capacitance, but lower performance. SMD capacitors are common on the RTX 3000 series, as are MLCC capacitors.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

18 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

looking at rtx30i0 teardown , i dont see any cylinder thingy on pcb

if not , will it more likely to coilwine?

or capacitor has new shaped?

capacitors have a butt ton of shapes that is one of them

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

It does have capacitors. The "cylinder thingy" capacitors you're thinking of are just one type of capacitors; an electrolytic capacitor. There are other types of capacitors such as ceramic, multi-layer ceramic, film, tantalum, etc. They'll use whatever suits the needs and meets the spec.

The RTX Founders Edition doesn't use the electrolytic capacitors, presumably to save space on the more compact boards they're using. Instead they have what appears to be tantalum (maybe aluminium?) capacitors on the other side of the PCB for the power filtering.

image.thumb.png.d655eb867de6ba3c440b46bc304485c4.png

(Nvidia RTX 3080 Founders Edition, backside PCB, TechPowerUp Review)

If you look at the board partner cards they use the more traditional electrolytic capacitors since they're not restrained by space on the board.

front.jpg

(MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, frontside PCB, TechPowerUp review)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Gamers Nexus has posted a video from Buildzoid (Actually Hardcore Overclocking) which looks at the Founders Edition Nvidia RTX 3080 card.

21min mark for the discussion on capacitors.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

It does have capacitors. The "cylinder thingy" capacitors you're thinking of are just one type of capacitors; an electrolytic capacitor. There are other types of capacitors such as ceramic, multi-layer ceramic, film, tantalum, etc. They'll use whatever suits the needs and meets the spec.

The RTX Founders Edition doesn't use the electrolytic capacitors, presumably to save space on the more compact boards they're using. Instead they have what appears to be tantalum (maybe aluminium?) capacitors on the other side of the PCB for the power filtering.

image.thumb.png.d655eb867de6ba3c440b46bc304485c4.png

those look like diode

51 minutes ago, mahyar said:

those look like diode

They're capacitors, you can see the markings on them (220 and 470, meaning 220 µF and 470 µF which are standard capacitor values, those type of markings would not make sense on a diode).

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

They're capacitors, you can see the markings on them (220 and 470, meaning 220 µF and 470 µF which are standard capacitor values, those type of markings would not make sense on a diode).

i know they just look strange usually tantalum capacitors are yellow  

They might also be aluminium. I actually don't know how to distinguish between tantalum and aluminium polymer SMD caps. Definitely caps though.

I'll need to watch Buildzoids video again because I think he might have mentioned what they are.

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

They might also be aluminium. I actually don't know how to distinguish between tantalum and aluminium polymer SMD caps. Definitely caps though.

I'll need to watch Buildzoids video again because I think he might have mentioned what they are.

He does, they're definitely aluminum SP-CAPs.

*of various capacitance, meaning they might not even have enough capacitance total to be stable on some cards that have a combo of MLCC and SP-CAPs. (and at least one of the MLCC arrays looks to be a lower capacitance version of the MLCCs)

Edited by BTGbullseye
Added the info after the *

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms