Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joveice

Contact Facebook in regards to Hijacked account, help steps failed.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello people of the internet.
A friend of mine has gotten their account "hacked" (most likley just hijacked).
Now they have tried all the forms of recover facebook offers but it looks like everything on the account is changed (email, phone etc etc). We tried to use the recover feature thru my profile but it says the account doesn't exist which is weird.

Does anyone know where it is possible to contact a living person at facebook or working for them to have them just take a peak on this? Or some suggestions.
Best bet now would probably be to do a photo ID recovery, but the facebook feature to do this is broken as it fails to find the account.
The account looks as is and has not done anything visual or sent messages as far as we know.

Operator @ Norsk Helsenett SF. Our mission is to deliver and develop a secure, robust and appropriate national ICT infrastructure for effective interaction between healthcare and healthcare professionals.

I highly doubt you'll ever get in touch with an actual person.

It's a service you're getting at no charge, with no guarantee of anything. Most likely that account is just gone forever.

Hi there! If you know about upgrading old machines with SSDs, I could really do with some help over in this thread. Any assistance would be appreciated - thanks! :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

23 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I highly doubt you'll ever get in touch with an actual person.

It's a service you're getting at no charge, with no guarantee of anything. Most likely that account is just gone forever.

Yea, one of the reasons I don't use it myself.

Operator @ Norsk Helsenett SF. Our mission is to deliver and develop a secure, robust and appropriate national ICT infrastructure for effective interaction between healthcare and healthcare professionals.

No live chat available for Facebook. I got my account disabled and no reason for that.

BTW, the reviewing process is much slower coz of COVID-19, said by FB

On 9/26/2020 at 7:48 PM, Joveice said:

Hello people of the internet.
A friend of mine has gotten their account "hacked" (most likley just hijacked).
Now they have tried all the forms of recover facebook offers but it looks like everything on the account is changed (email, phone etc etc). We tried to use the recover feature thru my profile but it says the account doesn't exist which is weird.

Does anyone know where it is possible to contact a living person at facebook or working for them to have them just take a peak on this? Or some suggestions.
Best bet now would probably be to do a photo ID recovery, but the facebook feature to do this is broken as it fails to find the account.
The account looks as is and has not done anything visual or sent messages as far as we know.

they should have gotten an email about a pw/ email change... if they did not, something really fishy is going on but I'd double and triple check this first...

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

17 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

they should have gotten an email about a pw/ email change... if they did not, something really fishy is going on but I'd double and triple check this first...

Yea first thing I had them do, but there where nothing. And the fact that the facebook system can't find the user by username (which we see isn't changed) makes it much more weird.

They have contacted an agency in Norway which has ties with a lot of social companies and is here to help out for stuff like this, they managed to contact them.
Now they are waiting for a reply from Facebook. But it's going to take a while, same as @haslemismentioned.

I think this is the best shot for now, if not we think that reporting the profile as fake and starting over again may be the best.