Microsoft/Xbox Store Not Working

RAM555789

Been trying to troubleshoot this all morning. I recently was disconnected from the internet for a couple of days when I was traveling with my PC and now that I'm connected I can't seem to get the Microsoft store or xbox companion to work. I've tried checking for updates, resetting the programs, repairing the programs, checking time zones, running troubleshooters ect. and still nothing. Anyone have any grand ideas outside of the ones I already tried from google? 

LTT.jpg

Also wanna note I don't get the Looks like you're stranded... when I select game pass, that page loads fine. I also bought Sea of Thieves which I can't download. Where I would normally download it's now a frown face or ... (earlier it was buy game pass or ...) 

Try going into the services and check if the windows update service is running/there Its required for downloading apps using the microsoft store. If its not there check on the internet on how to get that back.

11 hours ago, IZZY.exe said:

check if the windows update service

Didn't see it, went through the regedit process of getting it working, followed by an sfc /scannow (which found and fixed courrupted files). After that tried running Sea of Thieves again on steam and still am having the same issues above and it will give me the lavenderbeard error. (i have already ensured apps are allowed through and tried turning it off already)

While trying to get my microsoft store working I encountered this error. I'm getting to the point where I'm just considering do a fresh install of windows, and reinstall everything over the next couple of days.

LTT.PNG

530417497_SmartSelect_20200927-133603_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.4f4b0abbefbdaa9d51923ffef9bc2ac6.jpg

on a more serious note I believe a reinstall is in order if you don't even have the update service anymore...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

on a more serious note I believe a reinstall is in order if you don't even have the update service anymore...

I mean I got it back its just really weird. The only thing I did was has this PC disconnected from the internet for a week. I reconnected it and the microsoft store is broke, but everything else is fine. Since the microsoft store is broke I also can't play Sea of Thieves. I'm just gonna go ahead and reinstall windows.