GN Steve is going to have a fun time with this - Zotac Announces Virtual youtuber version RTX 3080

williamcll
4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Considering you've already tried to log off forever at least twice, and eventually came back, I don't see a point in sharing you that info 😛

Not my fault you succ at banning. 😏

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Not my fault you succ at banning. 😏

You would know that, wouldn't you

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

You would know that, wouldn't you

Weird hybrid of British-American-Malaysian-Chinez.

Just now, Moonzy said:

sticker.png 呼んだ?

いいお尻

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Well tbh I'm sick of all this gamer stuff. Was hoping we would get something else when we finally got an alternative for gamer looks but hey, I'll take it!

We got something else.... The creator edition of everything is the next big dumb hype train. 

9 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

We got something else.... The creator edition of everything is the next big dumb hype train. 

This seems reasonable.  Even likely (s) Yay. Marketing. Wheeee... /s

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

This seems reasonable.  Even likely (s) Yay. Marketing. Wheeee... /s

Man, I am not even joking. Here are the most recent ones... 

https://www.techpowerup.com/272332/gigabyte-outs-geforce-rtx-3080-vision-oc-ampere-for-creators

https://www.techpowerup.com/272499/teamgroup-launches-t-create-classic-10l-ddr4-memory-modules-aimed-at-creators

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gigabyte-z490-vision-g/

Make it white, it's suddenly "for Creators". This generation of gamer branding. 

The NANA7mi is at least tasteful and wouldn't make me feel like a pedo if I was anywhere near it.

... can't say the same for the Ruki.

(Edit: Hopefully those are mock-ups and not Zotac hiding their capacitor selection.)

But yes, at least not Black/Silver/Unicorn-Vomit-RGB-Hiding-Actual-Colors/White, which can be appreciated.  Even if it guarantees the person is a Weeb-4-Life.

As for the "Creator" line?  It makes sense to do something like that... if the hardware makes sense for creators.  Creators need not only high-end number-crunching ability, but also memory (RAM and Storage, as well as decent high-speed access to a more centralized storage system [NAS]), and then maybe more high-speed inputs than the common user.

A 3080 Vision is too early.  When the 20gb model comes out, that would make more sense.  I think they should have stuck with the 3090 being for creators, at this time.  High-Capacity moderate-to-high-speed RAM?  That could be for Creators.  A motherboard that supports input, storage, high core-count processors and large memory banks?  That is just what creators need. That it's color coded?  Well... it could look pretty.  But other than flexing that your editors/content creators have sic-balling rigs (and maybe morale?), it's unnecessary.

Virtual.....Youtuber?  So, they take something that's already virtual, and make it.....virtual?  More virtual?  Virtual-er?

*sigh*

8 hours ago, Moonzy said:

so when are we gonna get an LCD as backplate so we can change picture or even videos 🤔

I'm pretty sure that would just fry the LCDs, once the card starts heating up.

2 hours ago, Rune said:

.....can these be shipped to america?

You can very likely order them from AliExpress or silimar websites. That's where GN gets their waifu stuff from.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Putting te cards aside...what are terms I can use to search to learn more about what tis is on about? Like te software used etc...It's what, doing real time rotoscoping of filming into animation? I'm really fascinated by this.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

24 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

Putting te cards aside...what are terms I can use to search to learn more about what tis is on about? Like te software used etc...It's what, doing real time rotoscoping of filming into animation? I'm really fascinated by this.

I don't think it's anything like rotoscope. I am pretty sure it's just real time skinning of motion capture, likely using machine learning and augmented reality. 

13 hours ago, Techstorm970 said:

V-tubing is a disturbing cancer!

tenor-3.gif.9f8f7f31d04f92519d89decea9f24ad2.gif

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

54 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

Rotoscoping is a 1930’s technology that requires live animators. Invented by Disney for their classic animations.  There might have been some motion capture tech called rotoscoping but it wouldn’t actually be the same thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Rotoscoping is a 1930’s technology that requires live animators. Invented by Disney for their classic animations.  There might have been some motion capture tech called rotoscoping but it wouldn’t actually be the same thing.

Yes...thank you for the history lesson..I wouldn't have said Disney invented it...they did the multi-pane camera I recall, but it's been 30 years since I studied animation history so my memory of disney and rotoscoping is likely wrong...and there's digital rotoscoping done today...and none of which helps me learn more about what's happening with these virtual youtubers or what's it about or how to do it..

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

1 minute ago, Video Beagle said:

Yes...thank you for the history lesson..I wouldn't have said Disney invented it...they did the multi-pane camera I recall, but it's been 30 years since I studied animation history so my memory of disney and rotoscoping is likely wrong...and there's digital rotoscoping done today...and none of which helps me learn more about what's happening with these virtual youtubers or what's it about or how to do it..

Disney claimed to have invented it during their very early tech demos.  The rotoscope itself of course predates film. 

3 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

it's basically live mo cap with 3d anime characters.

I think kizuna AI has some early videos where she talks about it. (still my fav vtuber)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

22 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

.and none of which helps me learn more about what's happening with these virtual youtubers or what's it about or how to do it..

Just watch some for the "what's it about" part. I suppose the way to see it they are personalities you can follow if you find their content interesting. Most are gamers in some form.

How to do it? If you want to become one, at a very basic level it isn't that difficult technically, since I'm going through the process of getting my gaming character turned into one at the moment. For a simple upper body+head model, it is basically a bunch of 2D art assets cut up and moved separately to create the illusion of a 3D movement. You could use software like FaceRig with a webcam to do the motion tracking of the host, which then in real time maps to the model. I'm assuming Live2D here, you can do 3D models if you want to.

I haven't looked into how you might do full body tracking. I'd guess it might be similar to how the Beat Saber people do full body avatars for videos.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, porina said:

How to do it? If you want to become one, at a very basic level it isn't that difficult technically, since I'm going through the process of getting my gaming character turned into one at the moment. For a simple upper body+head model, it is basically a bunch of 2D art assets cut up and moved separately to create the illusion of a 3D movement. You could use software like FaceRig with a webcam to do the motion tracking of the host, which then in real time maps to the model. I'm assuming Live2D here, you can do 3D models if you want to.

thanks for the additional info.. I've toyed with the idea of doing some videos, but I'm not the most...camera ready of indivisuals...so I've thought some thing animated might be a way to go, so this piqued my interest.

I should get in on this whole virtual Youtuber - thingy! Too bad all these characters are WAY too cheery and cutesy; I'd need a grumpy and mean granny - avatar to more properly match my personality.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Everytime I see a vtuber I think about the birth rate of Japan...

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Everytime I see a vtuber I think about the birth rate of Japan...

mine is idol groups

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang