Clone just the OS?

Rocketdog2112

Is there a way to clone just the operating system off a hard drive? I have several Window 7 hard drives which in their current configuration won't fully boot into windows on my desktop because of hardware incompatibilities. Is there a way to clone just the Windows 7 OS and start out like a clean install on another computer? My desktop is an older Dell XPS 730X for which Windows 10 is slowly phazing out with every update, so I would like to have a drive with W7 for when that day comes.

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

well there is no point to switching to win7 its outdated and no you cant clone a hard drive like a clean install  

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

28 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Is there a way to clone just the Windows 7 OS and start out like a clean install on another computer?

Why you need to clone it just to clean install?

It's like copy something and then delete it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

56 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Is there a way to clone just the operating system off a hard drive?

No, there isn't. A clone will simply copy the contents verbatim, bit by bit. It doesn't interpret what is being copied in any way.

To copy just the OS, the software would have to somehow know which files belong to it. To make it a clean install it would have to somehow be able to reset modified files (like the registry) to their initial state.

To get a clean install, simply do a clean install.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

There is other method. Download Paragon Adaptive Restore, boot from usb, click "adjust os" and your win7 will be bootable on another computer and starts installing drivers. Process is fully automatic.

Of course boot that usb with hdd/ssd connected to new computer.

8 hours ago, homeap5 said:

There is other method. Download Paragon Adaptive Restore, boot from usb, click "adjust os" and your win7 will be bootable on another computer and starts installing drivers. Process is fully automatic.

Of course boot that usb with hdd/ssd connected to new computer.

Amazing! Works perfectly! Thank you. Only hang up was the Product Key was not recognized. Currently trying to fix that issue.

9 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Amazing! Works perfectly! Thank you. Only hang up was the Product Key was not recognized. Currently trying to fix that issue.

It's not related to drivers or boot issue, it's different problem. Paragon do not make your oem key works on different hardware. It just allow you to run system without reinstall. License is different problem.

4 hours ago, homeap5 said:

It's not related to drivers or boot issue, it's different problem. Paragon do not make your oem key works on different hardware. It just allow you to run system without reinstall. License is different problem.

Understood. The key should be a valid key, but it comes back as not, although after I entered it, the warning went away and now states three days till automatic verification. I think that may have something to do with allowing the Windows Updates to go thru and then it rechecks the softwares status. Other than that, it boots and loads perfectly. Thanks again for the help!