RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition free on EG

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rollercoaster-tycoon-3-complete-edition/home?sessionInvalidated=true

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition is free on EG until 10/1/2020 at 6:00 PM.

“The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

So why bother to learn.”

Do I need to download an Epic client to play this, or is it just an installable game?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Isn't all their games installed using Epic Launcher? (at least that is what I assumed)

“The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

So why bother to learn.”

12 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Do I need to download an Epic client to play this, or is it just an installable game?

It does need to be installed from the epic game launcher, but if you start the game with the epic launcher closed, it seems as though it just opens up silently in the background.  Just tested it to see for ya.  Apparently some games don't use Epic DRM (similar to how some games don't use steam DRM), so ymmv.  That being said, it is free, so not a terrible compromise; apparently it's the only store to have it legally for sale, as far as I can tell.  It did have a gog release a while back, which could perhaps mean it could be found online without drm, but I shudder at the thought of some unscrupulous scallywag doing such a thing!

7 hours ago, metaleggman said:

It does need to be installed from the epic game launcher, but if you start the game with the epic launcher closed, it seems as though it just opens up silently in the background.  Just tested it to see for ya.  Apparently some games don't use Epic DRM (similar to how some games don't use steam DRM), so ymmv.  That being said, it is free, so not a terrible compromise; apparently it's the only store to have it legally for sale, as far as I can tell.  It did have a gog release a while back, which could perhaps mean it could be found online without drm, but I shudder at the thought of some unscrupulous scallywag doing such a thing!

So you don't need to have epic open?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

7 hours ago, Kanna said:

So you don't need to have epic open?

Yup.  Even better (not sure why I didn't think to try this earlier), but if you just click RCT3.exe (or make a proper shortcut to it, not the one epic games would make, since that's one of those weird app launcher ones like steam would make), the epic launcher doesn't open itself silently in the background!  So no need to sign in or have it running at all.

7 hours ago, metaleggman said:

Yup.  Even better (not sure why I didn't think to try this earlier), but if you just click RCT3.exe (or make a proper shortcut to it, not the one epic games would make, since that's one of those weird app launcher ones like steam would make), the epic launcher doesn't open itself silently in the background!  So no need to sign in or have it running at all.

Hmm then I could maybe just put this on another pc and play

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

On 9/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, metaleggman said:

actually I have been able to open games without the launcher open...but I have tried only stranger things 3

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

23 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

actually I have been able to open games without the launcher open...but I have tried only stranger things 3

On 9/26/2020 at 7:13 PM, metaleggman said:

Yup lol, I was silly and only used the Epic shortcut made during installation.  Looks there's a good amount of games on there forgoing Epic DRM, which is good to know.  Only game I've tried so far that had Epic DRM was Borderlands 2, but that makes sense since it's more of a multiplayer game and wants to phone home and stuff. Again, not a ton of games I've tried either tho lol.