Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ComputerPerson96

Where do I plug pre-installed fans into on mobo

What is that motherboard? I can help you find it in the manual.

Edit: and case

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (8x4), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 7200 RPM, PSU CORSAIR RM1000i, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

What is that motherboard? I can help you find it in the manual.

Edit: and case

Mobo is MSI B550M PRO VDH WIFI & case is phanteks P400A

35 minutes ago, ComputerPerson96 said:

Mobo is MSI B550M PRO VDH WIFI & case is phanteks P400A

Unless you're using a separate controller you'd plug them into the "sys fan" headers on the mobo.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.16ee3dbb4336ef3966ecf97a6c432210.PNG

Edit: Did some more digging and there should be a fan controller built into that case. Just gotta find it.

"The P400A comes in two main variants, each with two separate color skus (black or white). The first, the P400A D-RGB model, includes 3x Phanteks D-RGB case fans, controlled either via internal USB motherboard connector or an integrated RGB controller embedded into the front I/O. The second, the more budget oriented of the two, lacks any RGB at all. You lose out on the 3x front D-RGB fans, and are given 2x standard non-illuminated case fans instead. On top of that, the integrated front I/O RGB controller is replaced with a standard 3-speed fan controller, a curious decision, given neither case has both (unlike the older Eclipse P400S). But more on that later."

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (8x4), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 7200 RPM, PSU CORSAIR RM1000i, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones

The thing you are holding is for fan hub or controller. You plug more 3pin fans to it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv