UPDATED: Huawei R&D Lab On Fire And Possible Explosion With Three Lives Lost

nick name

Title has "three lives lost" 

but comments are "/s, china, espionage, spy, trump"

Damn... I thought the forums were trying to be tame...

RIP

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

8 minutes ago, Kinda Bottleneck said:

RIP

Indeed, Chinese lives are as valuable as American, British, or indeed any other lives.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Indeed, Chinese lives are as valuable as American, British, or indeed any other lives.

A lot of the early comments were made before we knew that any lives were lost.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

17 minutes ago, Kinda Bottleneck said:

RIP

I updated the title and OP after it was learned there were casualties.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

10 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Because it's a Chinese state run firm that's trying to infiltrate other countries with built in spyware, they also doubt that this was an accident since due to the first point it's lost a hefty amount of business quite recently.

The loss of human life is regrettable, but there's no sympathy for a company that supports government level espionage and the authoritarian regime which routinely screws its neighbors and own citizens.

idk nobody has ever offered any evidence that has been the case and with so many eyes looking at huawei if they are actually installing spyware i would expect it to be exposed immediately.

also the US hasn't had the best track record with this kind of stuff see the yinhe incident where they were 100000001% sure that a chinese container ship is bringing chemical weapons to iran so they blocked them off from its destination oman and ironically made it so the only port the ship can dock at is iran. but the captain smartly decided not to do that and after a few days they let them dock at saudi arabia for inspection and surprise surprise no chemical weapons only paint. then of course america refused to compensate the company for the heap of late fees they incurred 

3 hours ago, Kinda Bottleneck said:

RIP

Those comments were made a few hours before the reports of lives being lost reached the forums. 

Any other company has a fire: "Hope it doesn't affect their company and/or products. Hopefully nobody got hurt. Wish them the best. "

Huawei has a fire: "haha, china company go boom"

15 minutes ago, thechinchinsong said:

Any other company has a fire: "Hope it doesn't affect their company and/or products. Hopefully nobody got hurt. Wish them the best. "

Huawei has a fire: "haha, china company go boom"

Honestly I wouldn't feel sorry for any company of Huawei's size.

It's just incredibly hard to feel any kind of empathy for an organisation who spends several orders of magnitude more money than I've ever had in my life on a single project or campaign.

Obviously I'm sorry for the staff, and I seriously hope there are no further deaths or injuries reported... but the company itself, I really don't care about.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

It's just incredibly hard to feel any kind of empathy for an organisation who spends several orders of magnitude more money than I've ever had in my life on a single project or campaign.

Obviously I'm sorry for the staff, and I seriously hope there are no further deaths or injuries reported... but the company itself, I really don't care about.

What about LMG then? 🤔

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

What about LMG then? 🤔

Same opinion,

If a fire bankrupted the company, then I would feel sorry for the employees who would be out of a job, or Linus for the fact that his livelihood is gone. But I wouldn't be that upset, in the grand scheme of things, about LMG no longer existing.

pythonmegapixel

1 hour ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Yeah, I'm just trying to point out that the first thing in people's minds weren't if anybody was hurt, it was "haha, nice"

On 9/25/2020 at 6:51 PM, CTR640 said:

Trump must be behind it, I'm sure of it!

Considering he ordered an air strike on his allies with no warning I wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibilities :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, thechinchinsong said:

Yeah, I'm just trying to point out that the first thing in people's minds weren't if anybody was hurt, it was "haha, nice"

The same thing happened when there was the fire at a Samsung dram fab a couple of years ago: people tend to cheese around with the tech news, and don’t always shift gears for more serious news. 
I don’t think that’s just an anti-huawei reaction: just hard for any of us to quantify damage like that in comparison to such a massive entity.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!