Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knockless

WDDM 1.1

It has nothing to do with that, you can't run your Intel iGPU with an AMD or Nvidia driver as these are entirely different devices. WDDM stands for Windows Display Driver Model and only says what features a GPU driver has to support to be WDDM (and thus Microsoft) certified. Intel GPU->Intel driver. Your laptop/desktop/whatever also isn't "running WDDM *.*", it is running an OS that supports it. In case of WDDM 1.1 being apparently the latest and the design looking like that, I assume you're running Windows 7 which you definitely shouldn't do because it's insecure due to the lack of security updates. Download the latest Intel driver for your corresponding OS and the GPU and install that.

Edit: It only shows you these drivers because you deselected the "Show compatible hardware" option and thus it shows you every driver from that hardware category, no matter if it's compatible or not. And those drivers won't be compatible.

Posted · Original PosterOP

In device manager, for my igpu (intel hd graphics arrandale) I see that in list of available drivers it shows all WDDM 1.1 drivers incluing AMD and NVIDIA ones, does this mean that i can upgrade to those? Whenever I try to, it says this

Edit: My laptop is running WDDM 1.1.Capture.PNG.520d9c06ae2510c8c171549ea5b3e314.PNGCapture2.PNG.9c03d17a6ce86d2b2ded8e0664ab68be.PNG

Posted · Best Answer

It has nothing to do with that, you can't run your Intel iGPU with an AMD or Nvidia driver as these are entirely different devices. WDDM stands for Windows Display Driver Model and only says what features a GPU driver has to support to be WDDM (and thus Microsoft) certified. Intel GPU->Intel driver. Your laptop/desktop/whatever also isn't "running WDDM *.*", it is running an OS that supports it. In case of WDDM 1.1 being apparently the latest and the design looking like that, I assume you're running Windows 7 which you definitely shouldn't do because it's insecure due to the lack of security updates. Download the latest Intel driver for your corresponding OS and the GPU and install that.

Edit: It only shows you these drivers because you deselected the "Show compatible hardware" option and thus it shows you every driver from that hardware category, no matter if it's compatible or not. And those drivers won't be compatible.

Posted · Original PosterOP
45 minutes ago, Benji said:

you can't run your Intel iGPU with an AMD or Nvidia driver as these are entirely different devices

Thanks!