My pc is not posting, it powers on tho. Tips?

Hello, here is a pic of my pc. I have a msi 2080 super, R5 3600x, b450 max. Last week I sold my gigabyte 2060 to invest into something a little better. After I sold it, I was trying to use my old gt 720 but it wasn’t working. Wasn’t sure what was happening but I just dealt with just using my smart tv until I got my 2080, thinking it would work with the new card. I just got it today and popped that bad boy in and it still doesn’t post. I’m pretty much still at a loss. The only thing that changed is the graphics card. Do you think taking apart the whole computer and putting it back together might kickstart it? I kinda don’t want to do that tho lol, I wanna save that for last if nothing works or no one can come up with some tips. 

So the pc powers on, and the beeps sound normal, the fans seem normal, the only thing odd is it’s not posting or even possibly displaying. 

76B98ADD-CA47-4C4D-AEBD-C5B80DF90F19.jpeg

It's not a bad idea to ensure that the GPU is inserted correctly. Same goes for RAM, if you've taken that out too. Your PSU is also of... questionable quality, and it might not deliver the required juice to your GPU.

Whenever you swap hardware, it's never a bad idea to clear the cmos.

5 hours ago, FurionMoneygrabber said:

It's not a bad idea to ensure that the GPU is inserted correctly. Same goes for RAM, if you've taken that out too. Your PSU is also of... questionable quality, and it might not deliver the required juice to your GPU.

I took apart and reassembled my pc and got it to post with the 720! But unfortunately the 2080 is still not working 😣 the diagnostic light is working now too. It’s the “vga” one. Manual says it means the cpu isn’t detecting the card. So I think maybe it’s the power supply. I have a generic kdm ATX 775w power supply. It worked with the gigabyte 2060 super 6+8pin connectors but the new card has 8+8 pin. I got my multimeter and discovered that 2 pins on one of the 8 pin connectors dont work. So I got my multimeter and found a power source from 4 pin hdd connector. I hardwired it into my broken 8pin. But it STILL doesn’t work😓

5 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Whenever you swap hardware, it's never a bad idea to clear the cmos.

I took apart and reassembled my pc and got it to post with the 720! But unfortunately the 2080 is still not working 😣 the diagnostic light is working now too. It’s the “vga” one. Manual says it means the cpu isn’t detecting the card. So I think maybe it’s the power supply. I have a generic kdm ATX 775w power supply. It worked with the gigabyte 2060 super 6+8pin connectors but the new card has 8+8 pin. I got my multimeter and discovered that 2 pins on one of the 8 pin connectors dont work. So I got my multimeter and found a power source from 4 pin hdd connector. I hardwired it into my broken 8pin. But it STILL doesn’t work😓

4 hours ago, Buffalocake said:

I would say replace the PSU with a quality unit that has the power requirements for the card. 

Something like a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold rated. The 750w is about 115$ us. Nice quality unit, they come with 7 years warranty.

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I would say replace the PSU with a quality unit that has the power requirements for the card. 

Something like a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold rated. The 750w is about 115$ us. Nice quality unit, they come with 7 years warranty.

Hello, yeah it’s either that or the card is faulty. Going to Best Buy rn to buy the Corsair 80 plus gold. Wish me luck that this will fix it. If not I’m gonna unleash hell on who sold me this card

I had this same problem with a x570 tuf and it was my top pcie slot. Try a different pcie slot, see if that helps

5 minutes ago, Mersaci said:

I had this same problem with a x570 tuf and it was my top pcie slot. Try a different pcie slot, see if that helps

Thanks for the reply! I tested the pci slot with a 720 and it works fine. And I don’t have the clearance to use my lower slots because of my hard drive bay. But considering it works with another card, I don’t think that’s it.

I had a rx5700xt and it wouldn't work, but my gtx1070 worked in the same slot. It had a issue with the pcie running on pcie4.0.

I know that doesn't help u

Hello everyone after getting a new psu, the vga light turns off now, but I still get no display!😭 

45 minutes ago, Buffalocake said:

Hello everyone after getting a new psu, the vga light turns off now, but I still get no display!😭 

Have you cleared the CMOS? a lot of random annoying things get solved by doing that. And what about using a different PCI slot for the card?

2 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

Have you cleared the CMOS? a lot of random annoying things get solved by doing that. And what about using a different PCI slot for the card?

I don’t have a jumper but I used a flat head and a sprudger, each for 30 seconds with unplugged psu, switched off. I took the battery out for at least a min as well. When I did that it got stuck on boot led but restarted it now there’s no more debug leds lit.

Here’s an updated pic if it might help

44E18462-942C-46F7-BAE1-3EFF77C3EDB5.jpeg

P. S. Don’t get mad at me for my cpu fan orientation

4 minutes ago, Buffalocake said:

I don’t have a jumper but I used a flat head and a sprudger, each for 30 seconds with unplugged psu, switched off. I took the battery out for at least a min as well. When I did that it got stuck on boot led but restarted it now there’s no more debug leds lit.

was the battery out and the system unplugged while you shorted the jumpers? And make sure its good metal on metal contact when jumped otherwise its not shorting out like it needs to.

1 minute ago, airborne spoon said:

was the battery out and the system unplugged while you shorted the jumpers? And make sure its good metal on metal contact when jumped otherwise its not shorting out like it needs to.

Yes it was. I’ll attempt it again tho. I’ll post if it worked 

Attempted to clear cmos again. This time I used a bit of foil to short it. I even replaced my bios battery. Still nothing

10 hours ago, FurionMoneygrabber said:

It's dead, jim!

I figured out the hdmi port is had no display. I bought a dp to hdmi adapter to test it and it works. I don’t want to use this adapter because it’s limited at 1080p and I can’t find anything that adapts while retaining 4K 60hz w/ hdr. Does anyone know of one? If not I’m gonna return it and find one with a working hdmi