Zen 2 or 3

Hey I am trying to build a budget PC ~$780

I will use this PC mainly for coding.

I am really confused on which CPU to go with I was considering Ryzen 5 3500 but it doesn't have SMT or Dedicated graphics, then I saw 3400G but it feel a bit too underpowered cause I will be considered a 30 Series GPU in the future or Maybe a second hand 20 Series. I really don't have any idea if I should wait for 4600G or go with 3600(For SMT) or 3500 with a Gt 1030 (Just for display output) cause I saw some benchmarks which showed 4600G almost got same performance and sometimes worse than 3600 and there is no pricing for 4000 series still.

If possible, wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer and how it performs compared to zen 2. 

1 hour ago, ImMoRTaL (Gamer) said:

with a Gt 1030

If you just need a gpu for display output, you could just pickup a cheap gpu like a gt210 for like 15-20 bucks. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If possible, wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer and how it performs compared to zen 2. 

If you just need a gpu for display output, you could just pickup a cheap gpu like a gt210 for like 15-20 bucks. 

Well I am gonna be having a 144Hz 1080p monitor (and everything except GPU due to budget constraints) so I would want something that can push that at normal tasks like browsing chrome etcetera

Just now, ImMoRTaL (Gamer) said:

Well I am gonna be having a 144Hz 1080p monitor (and everything except GPU due to budget constraints) so I would want something that can push that at normal tasks like browsing chrome etcetera

Then get a used radeon hd card for the same price. Basically any of those with displayport output will easily push that. I mean a old hd 5870 does that no problem and has gt 1030 gaming performance for 20$ just uses more power.

Now for cpu you want at the very least a 6c/12t one. You can already see what happens with just 6 core cpu's and the stuttering they experience in intensive games which will only get worse quickly with the new consoles. So get one of those at the very least. Waiting for zen 3 wont hurt.

Keep in mind that the “G” processors that have integrated graphics historically have been built on the previous gen architecture, so a 3400G is built in the same architecture as a 2600. That means a 4400G would still be Zen 2, not Zen 3.

8 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Keep in mind that the “G” processors that have integrated graphics historically have been built on the previous gen architecture, so a 3400G is built in the same architecture as a 2600. That means a 4400G would still be Zen 2, not Zen 3.

Well I couldn't find any listings of the lineup except 4700G, Pro 4700G.... For the 8th October launch.

So I assumed that this was a thing that it was only launching APUs for the moment. I don't consider buying an APU cause I will be buying a dedicated GPU later anyways.

And thank for the info K really didn't know that 👍