Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopermar

DT 990 vs 300r TYGR

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I had another post about how I'm looking for new headphones(Headset) and I think the discussion has strayed far enough away from what I posted, so I'm making a new one. I have narrowed my search to the DT 990 pro 80ohm and the 300r TYGR. What are the differences between the two? I'm from the US and currently the price difference is $20. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One you gotta spend an additional $100 on for an amp the other is easy to drive and generally easier to listen to. Interns of gaming performance they are about the same. In terms of detail retention and overall fidelity the 250 ohm and 600 ohm 990s are much better by like I said you gotta spend upward of at least $100 to get driven properly from my own experience. The tygrs are just plug and play off your motherboard. That is just ignoring what I said before on your previous post regarding sound signatures and how the ygrs came to be.


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rice guru said:

One you gotta spend an additional $100 on for an amp the other is easy to drive and generally easier to listen to. Interns of gaming performance they are about the same. In terms of detail retention and overall fidelity the 250 ohm and 600 ohm 990s are much better by like I said you gotta spend upward of at least $100 to get driven properly from my own experience. The tygrs are just plug and play off your motherboard. That is just ignoring what I said before on your previous post regarding sound signatures and how the ygrs came to be.

Exactly. The Tygrs are made for portable devices or motherboards.


PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coopermar said:

I had another post about how I'm looking for new headphones(Headset) and I think the discussion has strayed far enough away from what I posted, so I'm making a new one. I have narrowed my search to the DT 990 pro 80ohm and the 300r TYGR. What are the differences between the two? I'm from the US and currently the price difference is $20. 

Basically almost no difference (In terms of sound and comfort). Except that the tygrs are easier to drive. Do you know why some headphones have higher resistance than other headphones? Because they are usually plugged into high end studio equipment that has a high output in electrical current. I know some of this stuff since I am actually educating to become an electrician. Nvm that. Everyone probably knows that stuff haha.


PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, rice guru said:

One you gotta spend an additional $100 on for an amp the other is easy to drive and generally easier to listen to. Interns of gaming performance they are about the same. In terms of detail retention and overall fidelity the 250 ohm and 600 ohm 990s are much better by like I said you gotta spend upward of at least $100 to get driven properly from my own experience. The tygrs are just plug and play off your motherboard. That is just ignoring what I said before on your previous post regarding sound signatures and how the ygrs came to be.

Okay so just to be clear. The TYGRs are going to sound basically the same and are just as comfortable as the 990 pros, but are better for my use case?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Okay so just to be clear. The TYGRs are going to sound basically the same and are just as comfortable as the 990 pros, but are better for my use case?

The sonic differences are more subtle than substantial. The  990 like I said is sharper sounding and slightly more bassy  . Comfort wise they are the same. They used the Se headband and pads. The tygrs are pretty great and is honestly what most gamers should be looking at over the 990s I'm saying this from someone that daily drives and loves his 990s


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, rice guru said:

The sonic differences are more subtle than substantial. The  990 like I said is sharper sounding and slightly more bassy  . Comfort wise they are the same. They used the Se headband and pads. The tygrs are pretty great and is honestly what most gamers should be looking at over the 990s I'm saying this from someone that daily drives and loves his 990s

Oh I see, and you think I'd need an amp with the 80 ohm version of the 990s? I have the ALC1220-VB audio "card" on my motherboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Oh I see, and you think I'd need an amp with the 80 ohm version of the 990s? I have the ALC1220-VB audio "card" on my motherboard.

depends on what you consider loud enough 80 ohm beyerdynamics like to ploay on the threshold of loud enough depending on motherboards. I like to ignore them personally especially the 990 causeI like the tygr's so much cause what they did with the 32 ohm 990 driver is so good that I  recommend it all the time


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, rice guru said:

depends on what you consider loud enough 80 ohm beyerdynamics like to ploay on the threshold of loud enough depending on motherboards. I like to ignore them personally especially the 990 causeI like the tygr's so much cause what they did with the 32 ohm 990 driver is so good that I  recommend it all the time

Do you know if the 300r's use the same size/softness ear pads that the 990s do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Do you know if the 300r's use the same size/softness ear pads that the 990s do?

they use EDT 990VB earpads so the back 990 pads basically


***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×