DT 990 vs 300r TYGR

Coopermar

I had another post about how I'm looking for new headphones(Headset) and I think the discussion has strayed far enough away from what I posted, so I'm making a new one. I have narrowed my search to the DT 990 pro 80ohm and the 300r TYGR. What are the differences between the two? I'm from the US and currently the price difference is $20. 

One you gotta spend an additional $100 on for an amp the other is easy to drive and generally easier to listen to. Interns of gaming performance they are about the same. In terms of detail retention and overall fidelity the 250 ohm and 600 ohm 990s are much better by like I said you gotta spend upward of at least $100 to get driven properly from my own experience. The tygrs are just plug and play off your motherboard. That is just ignoring what I said before on your previous post regarding sound signatures and how the ygrs came to be.

25 minutes ago, rice guru said:

One you gotta spend an additional $100 on for an amp the other is easy to drive and generally easier to listen to. Interns of gaming performance they are about the same. In terms of detail retention and overall fidelity the 250 ohm and 600 ohm 990s are much better by like I said you gotta spend upward of at least $100 to get driven properly from my own experience. The tygrs are just plug and play off your motherboard. That is just ignoring what I said before on your previous post regarding sound signatures and how the ygrs came to be.

Exactly. The Tygrs are made for portable devices or motherboards.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 hour ago, Coopermar said:

I had another post about how I'm looking for new headphones(Headset) and I think the discussion has strayed far enough away from what I posted, so I'm making a new one. I have narrowed my search to the DT 990 pro 80ohm and the 300r TYGR. What are the differences between the two? I'm from the US and currently the price difference is $20. 

Basically almost no difference (In terms of sound and comfort). Except that the tygrs are easier to drive. Do you know why some headphones have higher resistance than other headphones? Because they are usually plugged into high end studio equipment that has a high output in electrical current. I know some of this stuff since I am actually educating to become an electrician. Nvm that. Everyone probably knows that stuff haha.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

Okay so just to be clear. The TYGRs are going to sound basically the same and are just as comfortable as the 990 pros, but are better for my use case?

29 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Okay so just to be clear. The TYGRs are going to sound basically the same and are just as comfortable as the 990 pros, but are better for my use case?

The sonic differences are more subtle than substantial. The  990 like I said is sharper sounding and slightly more bassy  . Comfort wise they are the same. They used the Se headband and pads. The tygrs are pretty great and is honestly what most gamers should be looking at over the 990s I'm saying this from someone that daily drives and loves his 990s

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

The sonic differences are more subtle than substantial. The  990 like I said is sharper sounding and slightly more bassy  . Comfort wise they are the same. They used the Se headband and pads. The tygrs are pretty great and is honestly what most gamers should be looking at over the 990s I'm saying this from someone that daily drives and loves his 990s

Oh I see, and you think I'd need an amp with the 80 ohm version of the 990s? I have the ALC1220-VB audio "card" on my motherboard.

9 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Oh I see, and you think I'd need an amp with the 80 ohm version of the 990s? I have the ALC1220-VB audio "card" on my motherboard.

depends on what you consider loud enough 80 ohm beyerdynamics like to ploay on the threshold of loud enough depending on motherboards. I like to ignore them personally especially the 990 causeI like the tygr's so much cause what they did with the 32 ohm 990 driver is so good that I  recommend it all the time

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

depends on what you consider loud enough 80 ohm beyerdynamics like to ploay on the threshold of loud enough depending on motherboards. I like to ignore them personally especially the 990 causeI like the tygr's so much cause what they did with the 32 ohm 990 driver is so good that I  recommend it all the time

Do you know if the 300r's use the same size/softness ear pads that the 990s do?

31 minutes ago, Coopermar said:

Do you know if the 300r's use the same size/softness ear pads that the 990s do?

they use EDT 990VB earpads so the back 990 pads basically