Best £1000 laptop

_lucalink

I am looking for a laptop in the £1000-1050 range. I want to use it for school and general productivity aswell as a bit of editing so would like a colour accurate screen aswell as a nice keyboard. Must have metal chassis and look decent. I need hdmi or some other way of connecting to an external monitor. USB-A is not essential but would be a bonus. Screen size doesn't really matter. I do not want a Mac.

Is there any reason the chassis need to be metal as the laptops "usefulness" will long outlive the chassis material.

Meaning a 10 year old plastic chassis laptop is just as useless as a metal one.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

Is there any reason the chassis need to be metal as the laptops "usefulness" will long outlive the chassis material.

Meaning a 10 year old plastic chassis laptop is just as useless as a metal one.

I just really dislike plastic chassis laptops and for that budget I know I can get metal

1 minute ago, _lucalink said:

I just really dislike plastic chassis laptops and for that budget I know I can get metal

Just making sure you'd prefer the computer be made of metal rather than the computer be faster and made from plastic.

have you browsed any online reviews or sorted any results on newegg based on your parameters?

Just now, emosun said:

Just making sure you'd prefer the computer be made of metal rather than the computer be faster and made from plastic.

have you browsed any online reviews or sorted any results on newegg based on your parameters?

Im in the UK so Newegg has expensive shipping. I've been looking on Amazon as a lot of my money is tied into amazon

37 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

I am looking for a laptop in the £1000-1050 range. I want to use it for school and general productivity aswell as a bit of editing so would like a colour accurate screen aswell as a nice keyboard. Must have metal chassis and look decent. I need hdmi or some other way of connecting to an external monitor. USB-A is not essential but would be a bonus. Screen size doesn't really matter. I do not want a Mac.

Best option is a Mac, you won't get everything you from a windows machine.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?