Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DannyG

What do I need to upgrade?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my pc in time for Cyberpunk 2077 ideally.

I want to be able to run it on max if possible. 

Not wanting to buy a new monitor, not looking to run 8K or anything like that.

Was thinking of a RTX3080 but not sure if my CPU will bottleneck it?

New higher wattage PSU is inevitable.

 

See my current build below.

Look forward to see what suggestions you lot have, I am in no way technical with parts hence asking for advice  :)

 

EDIT: Would rather stick with Intel/Nvidia.

 

Budget (including currency): No more than £1,000

Country: United Kingdom

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legions, Call of Duty.. that kind of stuff.

Other details 

Current build:

Monitor - Asus Rog Swift PG278Q, 27 inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms

CPU - Intel i7-6700k @ 4.00ghz (not overclocked)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 980ti
Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VIII HERO
RAM - 16GB @ 2400mhz
PSU - Corsair 550w (I think it's 550w)
Corsair Liquid Cooled CPU
Samsung EVO SSD - 500GB
Hybrid HDD - 1TB

Link to post
Share on other sites

You system, apart from the GPU is still good enough if you want to pair it with 3080.

You can get a newer CPU + Motherboard, but using the 3070.

CPU : AMD 3600 ($180)

Motherboard : B550 ($150)

GPU : 3080 or 3070 (according to budget)


Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

You system, apart from the GPU is still good enough if you want to pair it with 3080.

You can get a newer CPU + Motherboard, but using the 3070.

CPU : AMD 3600 ($180)

Motherboard : B550 ($150)

GPU : 3080 or 3070 (according to budget)

Thanks, just edited original post.

Would rather stick with Intel / Nvidia setup.

 

So my CPU wouldn't be a bottleneck with 3080?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i would keep the system, but overclock the cpu. that should give you a 10-15%free performance boost

as for bottlenecking, of course you could get more out of the gpu by using a 10900k, but that doesn't mean you won't have a good experience with your current set up.

you'll probably get 20-30% less fps than you would get from the 3080 with a 10900k

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i would keep the system, but overclock the cpu. that should give you a 10-15%free performance boost

as for bottlenecking, of course you could get more out of the gpu by using a 10900k, but that doesn't mean you won't have a good experience with your current set up.

you'll probably get 20-30% less fps than you would get from the 3080 with a 10900k

Sounds good, as long as I can get 60fps for CP2077. 

Reckon that's possible for max or at least very high settings for 3080 with my CPU.

 

Recommended settings that they released say i7-4790 for recommended so I should be fine right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DannyG said:

Sounds good, as long as I can get 60fps for CP2077. 

Reckon that's possible for max or at least very high settings for 3080 with my CPU.

 

Recommended settings that they released say i7-4790 for recommended so I should be fine right?

yeah 60 fps should be doable with your cpu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×