Rocket League becomes "free-to-play", removed from Steam

takagi19
1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Wash Doge

Phone?

I just have Epic and Steam. I just deleted battle.net because the 1 time a week I played cod warzone wasn't worth the 120gb of space.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Phone?

I just have Epic and Steam. I just deleted battle.net because the 1 time a week I played cod warzone wasn't worth the 120gb of space.

Aww what people didn't take the opportunity to combine this:

Spoiler

Watch Dogs Doge Edition PlayStation 3 Box Art Cover by magnumninja

With this?

Spoiler

Watch Dogs (Am I doing it right?) : customcovers

Disappointed... 

But anyways, this is just a cautionary tale that more doesn't always mean better. If my game library is split across 7 different digital distribution services, that's annoying but there is nothing I can do about it. And if Apple and Google (well they sort of(?) already had with Galaxy Store and what not) opened the floodgates to allow third party app stores... well it's going to quickly turn into a similar mess. Probably even a bigger one because each app developer with in app purchases would want to push a poorly coded app store just to earn that 30% that was going to Apple or Google since the beginning. App publishers earn more, user experience goes down. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

25 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

which what they do are you talking about?

For example buying exclusives?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Apple and Google

On android it is available natively, due to sideloading. IOS should have native slideloading tho.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Mihle said:

For example buying exclusives?

They already owned the company. And it was a exclusive to steam, so i dont see what you mean.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

They already owned the company. And it was a exclusive to steam, so i dont see what you mean.

I mean other games.

Steam does not pay developers for them to be exclusive to Steam.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle said:

I mean other games.

Steam does not pay developers for them to be exclusive to Steam.

Epic does not just not make HL3.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Epic does not just not make HL3.

What does that have to do with anything?

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle said:

What does that have to do with anything?

You were pointing out something Epic did wrong, so I made a joke about steam doing something wrong. though, iirc the same thing has happened to consoles before. 

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

On android it is available natively, due to sideloading. IOS should have native slideloading tho.

Technically it is possible... though it's mainly for developers to test their applications. People who Jailbreak know about it because that's how they are able to make Jailbreaks happen.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

The definition of killing everything he touches lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I think it's Ironic people claim the cut Steam takes is "theft" meanwhile Epic are buying up games and forcing you to use their store which doesn't even have a shopping cart or Linux support.

22 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

The only reason HL3 is not coming and will NEVER come is because Gabe realized he sits on a pot of fucking money and will never have to lift a finger in his life again with exception of making new avatars for the braindead Steam community to buy with real money to make their shitty profiles prettier.

A little harsh. And a rather irrelevant old meme.

The issue with Epic is their buyouts, as I like to see it as bribery. They use the bribery to get them off Steam, and stick with EGS because of their lower cuts. But what are they gaining from it? Do they have a store? Do they have their own servers? What does EGS provide that Steam doesn't? Why does Epic hate Steam? Because of their cuts?

Make a storefront, and you gotta pay the rent somehow. Do it Epic's way: give them potentially less for a smaller cut, like a shed. Do it Steam's way: give them more for just a slightly bigger cut, and if they do well, lower the cut that they still earn just as enough as they started. Steam also gives you an apartment rather than an empty carcass of a shed.

Steam's cut is not really theft. It's there for a reason. Epic is only able to do this because of the money they've generated from elsewhere. Steam doesn't buy out so many companies and force them to stay with them for good.

I just don't agree with Epic's hatred for Steam, and I'd like to think of it this way: Epic gives you a shed. Steam gives you an an apartment because of the cut. That hatred doesn't just come out of the blue.

2 hours ago, TotallyNotGigabit said:

The issue with Epic is their buyouts, as I like to see it as bribery. They use the bribery to get them off Steam, and stick with EGS because of their lower cuts.

Literally no one is holding a gun to the devs heads saying they must take the money from Epic to be a x month exclusive. There's a reason why it's popular. Financial security. In the case of dev's doing it where they already have the game out like here, well, do you think they're not going to take a huge heaping pile of money to be bought out? Are you that naïve? 

15 minutes ago, bit said:

Are you that naïve?

I'm only saying what I think. If Psyonix has been struggling then, sure I'm admitting I'm that naïve. But pulling it off another distributor to be on theirs and simultaneously cutting off support for other platforms just makes it seem worse, and with a client and platform rushed and unfinished just doesn't seem right. The game was on Linux and Mac, now it's not.

The other doings by Epic Games, like, limiting Borderlands 3 and Metro Exodus, I'm not sure if they said they wouldn't do it again but they still did. I don't have much trust in Epic Games, really.

10 hours ago, TotallyNotGigabit said:

But pulling it off another distributor to be on theirs and simultaneously cutting off support for other platforms just makes it seem worse, and with a client and platform rushed and unfinished just doesn't seem right. The game was on Linux and Mac, now it's not.

they're certainly quite aggressive, also hypocrite (the whole apple/anti consumer thing amongst other stuff) but on the bright side this*should* force steam to do something... while I really like some things steam does, they're very stagnant and often backwards , besides they are not exactly super pro consumer either, outside a few things like refunds .

problem is with steams pseudo hippie corporate philosophy ("everyone makes whatever makes them happy") I can see them just trying to"ride it out" which would help no one besides Epic.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 9/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, demonix00 said:

Wouldn't you call that trying to become a monopoly and bringing down the other available storefronts.

There is nothing wrong or illegal with being a market leader, say you own and coffee shop and there is no others within a close area you would have a monopoly on coffee.

The problem is when you use anti competitive methods to keep a market share over I the other coffee shops.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Epic always has to have a catch.. 

Epic: Here have a $10 coupon!   US: thanks!  Smaller text:  Only valid for purchases over $14.99

Bobbyct

Main Build: Intel i7 10700k | EVGA Nvidia 3060ti FTW3 | Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro 4x8 @3200Corsair 465x iCUE Smart Case 

yeap, they're training you

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

56 minutes ago, Bobbycat2414 said:

Epic always has to have a catch.. 

Epic: Here have a $10 coupon!   US: thanks!  Smaller text:  Only valid for purchases over $14.99

Do you think having a restriction on coupon is just an Epic thing? Do you think they specifically came up with this restriction as a GOTCHA? Have you never seen or used a coupon before? Hello?

On 9/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, takagi19 said:

Rocket League has been removed from Steam as it becomes free-to-play. The game can now only be acquired thru Epic Games store. Aside from that, user also gets a $10 coupon that can be applied as a discount for the next purchase.

Quotes

I just found out about Rocket League becoming free-to-play on one of the Facebook groups I'm currently in. I was actually waiting for this to become on sale on Steam until someone posted that it's now free on Epic Games. I tried checking my wishlist on Steam, but Rocket League is now gone, which is how I found this news. I hope that this won't affect the gameplay as more users can now play the game.

Sources

https://www.gaminginstincts.com/rocket-league-removed-from-steam/

https://www.slashgear.com/rocket-league-disappears-from-steam-heres-why-23639537

Opph, steam salty

31 minutes ago, DalekAce said:

steam salty

...  like I said... they gotta do something now or Epic may buy out every remotely popular game on Steam lol.

Or do they think "hey we got 'shelves'..."  is enough to counter Epic? rofl

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer