Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi - graphics card covers the chipset fan!

Farfalle

I'm in the middle of a new build and using an old graphics card while waiting for an RTX 3080.  Just noticed that the graphics card, a GTX 770, is hovering just barely over the chipset fan. Parts of the card are almost touching the shield, although I think the chipset fan itself is untouched. Is this ok? This series of motherboards got great reviews and I don't remember reading anything bad about the chipset fan location, but this placement seems very unfortunate. I'm assuming the RTX 3080 will be a lot bigger than my old GTX 770, so the covering will only get worse. Has anyone else dealt with this?

chipset-fan.thumb.jpg.97ad24e5971928fd6869be9cf0b3c36d.jpg

Its fine!! nothing will be an issue, also if you are getting a 3080, remember its a T H I C C B O I, so 1st check if it can actually fit in your pc :) 

YES, I RUN RAID 1 OVER RAID 0

REMEBER TO QUOTE 😜 

8 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

That is normal, it shouldn't be an issue

Thanks for the feedback. I'll put it out of my mind, even though it does seem like a bad spot to put a fan. 

It's fine.  I have the same board.  My 1070 extends past the motherboard edge even more.  And my future 3080 will probably do the same.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Yeah it's fine.

If you're paranoid, feel free to stick a bit of material on that heatsink to guarantee the video card never touches the actual fan. For example, glue the eraser tip from a crayon, or a (couple of ) coins, or a small chunk of corrugated cardboard from some box (i'd place it on the smaller side, towards the pci-e slot) 

The fan is only really required if you're going to use the pci-e 4.0 part of the chipset, by installing a pci-e 4.0 nvme ssd in the second m.2 connector, or some pci-e 4.0 card in the pci-e slot connected to chipset. If this is not the case, the chipset should remain cool enough to not require fan spinning.