Asus Notebook not recognizing boot drives after Windows update

Corndawg

I recently updated windows (normal update, nothing like going from windows 7 to 10 or anything) and something happened and the screen went black after booting up a few times, and then it booted in bios and doesn't recognize the boot drive. It didn't loose power or anything while updating. 

I've updated the bios, looked at all sorts of tutorials and manuals. All the settings I've tried changing don't amount to any progress. I'm hoping it's just a bios setting and nothing serious like the drive failed or the motherboard got messed up. I'll probably take it into a PC repair shop and have them run their diagnostics if I still can't get it to boot by the end of today.

The notebook is an Asus UX360U

20200923_143618_HDR~2.jpg

20200923_143628_HDR~2.jpg

20200923_143635_HDR.jpg

20200923_143639_HDR.jpg

20200923_143642_HDR.jpg

20200923_143645_HDR.jpg

I've mostly messed around with secure boot, CSM, and the other boot options (fast boot, PXE OpROM) enabling, restarting, disabling, restarting, for each option I think might work as well as combinations of them all.

Press F9 and save.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Press F9 and save.

That's what I've been doing between each setting change

if you have the know how and a second machine. i would run a program called hard disk sentinel on the hard drive. personally i have windows to go flash drive for work that we use so we dont have to take apart a laptop just to check the drive. that could be a good trouble shooting step if you dont have the tools or your scared that youll break something.

53 minutes ago, Corndawg said:

That's what I've been doing between each setting change

If you have a windows installer usb, run that and try fixing / reset it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, KameBuilds said:

if you have the know how and a second machine. i would run a program called hard disk sentinel on the hard drive. personally i have windows to go flash drive for work that we use so we dont have to take apart a laptop just to check the drive. that could be a good trouble shooting step if you dont have the tools or your scared that youll break something.

I've never heard of that tool. Do you have a link to it/any tutorials you recommend?

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

If you have a windows installer usb, run that and try fixing / reset it.

I've tried that and the windows installer doesn't recognize a drive to install windows onto. Can't get past that screen 

• 1 year later...

How Fixed that? I have now the sale problema. I put My USB to instalo Windows and no recognized :(