Kali Audio LP-6 hiss noise

Morsher

Hey guys. So i bought a pair of my first stuido monitors. Plugged them in with balanced XLR to Jack cables. Played some music through them and then when i stopped playback and sat in silence i heard hiss noise. It's not extremely loud but quite audible and annoying. I tried different network filters from cheap ones to expensive ones. I tried an expensive power conditioner didn't work as well. I went to my friends house, plugged them and it was still there. I have an option to send them on an expertise to find out if they're alright. But i'm wondering is this kind of a thing normal or i have bad monitors?

On 9/23/2020 at 5:20 PM, Morsher said:

Hey guys. So i bought a pair of my first stuido monitors. Plugged them in with balanced XLR to Jack cables. Played some music through them and then when i stopped playback and sat in silence i heard hiss noise. It's not extremely loud but quite audible and annoying. I tried different network filters from cheap ones to expensive ones. I tried an expensive power conditioner didn't work as well. I went to my friends house, plugged them and it was still there. I have an option to send them on an expertise to find out if they're alright. But i'm wondering is this kind of a thing normal or i have bad monitors?

Most monitors that aren't flagship models will have some hiss.

We call it "idle noise" alot if we're talking about a powered speaker/studio monitor.

Most of my monitors hiss slightly, except my Genelec 8351APM's and Adam Audio S5H's. None of my passive speakers hiss. All plugged into IsoTek EVO3 Super Titan power conditioners.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)