Recommend me a 'Fun' FPS

SolarNova
On 9/23/2020 at 10:07 AM, SolarNova said:

i find myself wanting to play a FPS, but there's a problem. The last FPS game i played for any long length was a long time ago. In fact i wouldn't be surprised if the younger user here have never played it.

Medal of Honor : Allied Assault

Used to drop into multiplayer lobbies all the time back then.

Since then though i havnt really got into a FPS game, for various reasons, one big one nowadays is the massive influx of ..well basically 'try hards'.

I find in pretty much all of the multiplayer games i've played in recent years (FPS or not), even in the 'casual' queues, ur being governed by a matchmaker thats trying to force your win ratio to 50:50, which always without fail, ends up forcing u to 'try hard' because while u may start of having random fun. By the time the system has honed in on ur skill level, u end up in 'casual' groups that ether stomp, or get stomped, neither of which is fun.

I literally just want a 'fun' FPS to play, no ranking, or hidden ELO, etc. Just random drop in and play, some good old fashion shoot'em'up.

Any suggestions ?

EDIT: No EA titles :)

More interested in mass FPS, so not small team based game like Overwatch.

I know you said no EA, but I'd also recommend Apex Legends, but I'd wait until it drops on steam in October. Its also developed by respawn, the only EA part about it is some of the cosmetics.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

3 hours ago, gloop said:

Maybe try Squad? Very militarized and tactical. 

You mean the one that took 5 years to leave Early Access?  Meh.  

10 hours ago, Paranoid Kami said:

Play Planetside 2. It's large battles you can just drop in on and do your thing.

Came here to say this. Planetside 2 is definitely a good one, especially considering that it's free

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.  Steep learning curve but very fun once you adapt.

As far as online FPS goes, the one that gave me most fun in my entire life was Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. There might still be some servers floating around, give it a try.

Also, I heard good stuff about Hunt: Showdown.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:21 PM, Minicoop said:

I didn't see you mention anywhere that you aren't excluding BR's. What about PUBG or Hyperscape.

I think PUBG is the exact opposite of what he is looking for.