AMD Mounts: AMD 4 A.I.O. will it fit an sTR4 build?

Have been using a Coolermaster ML240L AIO cooler for some months now on a Ryzen R7 2700 build...I do not overclock, just wanted good cooling capacity...but have just upgraded my system to a used Threadripper 1920X CPU with a Noctua NH-U14S heatsink on an x399 Taichi board with 4 x 16 GB Trident ram...and no issues. But have decided to max out my ram...and the Noctua fan is impinging upon the inner ram slot nearest the CPU. Another 4 x 8 GB G-Skill is on the way...

I can easily get around the problem...at worst by replacing the 140 mm fan with a 120 mm Noctua which I doubt would have any noticeable impact...but if I can I would like to replace the Noctua with my ML240L...and not being anywhere near an expert with regard to AMD CPUS...I do not know if the AMD 4 mounts will just fir straight onto the Threadripper socket mounts...so here seeking information from any AMD Aficionado who may know the answer to the question I sked; help me!!

snap096.jpg

Nope,it won't fit at all and won't even cover the whole IHS of the Threadripper.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Completely different mounting. The CPU came with their own Asetek compatible mounts. Not sure what system that AIO uses, but it's also sub-optimal for what you're running.

When you bought the 1920X you should have gotten an Asetek mount for the TR4 socket, this is also compatible with the sTRX40 socket. However the ML240L iirc is not an Asetek AIO so it will not work with the bracket,

For Science! - thanks for the info...I bought the combo as a working unit minus hard drives....do recall seeing some bits and pieces inside the Threadripper box, will check them out...have an Asetek A.I.O. as well...but now that I have some idea where I'm going...

I realised the 1920x CPU was a different physical size to the 2700 but was in the dark about the actual mount to the socket; I believe they use the same system with the "hook" and threaded thumbscrew to tighten...but will see how I go...

5 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

For Science! - thanks for the info...I bought the combo as a working unit minus hard drives....do recall seeing some bits and pieces inside the Threadripper box, will check them out...have an Asetek A.I.O. as well...but now that I have some idea where I'm going...

I realised the 1920x CPU was a different physical size to the 2700 but was in the dark about the actual mount to the socket; I believe they use the same system with the "hook" and threaded thumbscrew to tighten...but will see how I go...

Yes, the adapter clicks into the asetek pump/block and then it has screws that go in directly into the motherboard screw holes, exactly the same way that you would have mounted the U14S-TR4-SP3

Found a photo of it clicked into my old H100i v2

20170904_151451.jpg

20170904_105227.jpg