Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jinglejangle101

Windows 10 is a piece of dog sh

And you just realized this? Where have you been?

Do we have any alternative (apart from going back to archaic os?).

If that doesn't suits you, you can basically switch off features you don't like.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

I mean you have a point but what are we supposed to do now???

it's not like there are any alternatives (no linux unfortunately isn't it, and the even worse ios isn't it either)

we can only hope whoever is in charge of MS next understands that windows needs a complete reboot ~

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

well i agree and this is why my win 10 is customized 

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here  and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here  

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

no linux unfortunately isn't it

I tried to game on linux, i say fuck all the time.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

Thats why ive debloated my Windows. This usually fixes cpu spikes, ram usage etc. Recommend you do this too. BUT if you use scripts make sure they dont remove the things you want to keep. Things like the searchbar can disappear.

Well....yeah. Newer OS, new and more features. It shouldn't use more cpu power. My 2700x sits at 1% utilization at startup. RAM should be a non-issue as you should have at least 16GB. Windows 10 is the best version of their OS they've released so far.

I mean it boots really fast even on a basic SSD. I don't really have any complaints. It does what I need it to fairly quickly and I have plenty of resources to hit 144hz on most games.

RTX 2080 Founders Edition | Ryzen 7 2700x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTX ALL the things!

40 minutes ago, jinglejangle101 said:

This operating system uses way too much CPU power, shaving off scores in Cinebench r15, using 3gb of memory for no apparent reason, and general CPU usage spikes.

Fuck whoever designed this piece of dog shit software.

34 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Do we have any alternative

Windows "9" is a thing. Does everything 7 and 10 does (sans DirectX 12, because MS is a shit company) with none of the drawbacks, or spyware built-in.

I use it full-time on several of my systems. Never had an issue.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Nah, windows works perfectly fine for me, I used a debloater, disabled some stuff and it works like a charm. If you're really that annoyed, get Windows XP, and enjoy the lack of ram usage or cpu spikes.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Boom. Where can i get this stuff?

36 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Windows "9" is a thing. Does everything 7 and 10 does (sans DirectX 12, because MS is a shit company) with none of the drawbacks, or spyware built-in.

Sauce please

I mean, if all you're concerned about is Cinebench scores... then yeah go with some debloated version of Windows. Windows 9 may be the ticket... but without DX12, it's a show stopper for me. 

But also, in other news: Water is wet.

Ever iteration of WIndows OS has had folks complain about it (Windows 3.1 - present) I guess DOS was pretty solid but again, it wasn't Windows lol.

22 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

I mean, if all you're concerned about is Cinebench scores... then yeah go with some debloated version of Windows. Windows 9 may be the ticket... but without DX12, it's a show stopper for me. 

But also, in other news: Water is wet.

Ever iteration of WIndows OS has had folks complain about it (Windows 3.1 - present) I guess DOS was pretty solid but again, it wasn't Windows lol.

Not entirely. Win2k and WinNT were awesome.

Personally, I'm waiting for the long promised fusion of 3 of MS'es most popular OSes

Windows CE - for the lightweight responsiveness

Windows ME - for the hand-holding user friendliness

Windows NT - for the rock-solid stability.

It's called Windows CEMENT.

Jesus. I am sorry I totally forgot about my trusty Win2K Pro install back in the day. Remember when they said XP was just Win2k but better for end users?? 

But I will still argue NT was pretty horrible... Driver updates if I recall were a nightmare. But once it was setup it was good. 

2 minutes ago, nFaiz said:

cries in vista

Snerk. Once systems got up to snuff hardware-wise, Vista wasn't bad at all. But it sure had a rocky start.

4 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

But once it was setup it was good. 

WinNT took serious know-how to set up right and harden, but recall, all we had before that was Win95 (NT came along before 98) and was never designed for home use. That didn't stop us of course from using it at home. I even got DirectX and USB working on NT.

@Radium_AngelThat's right I remember now DX was also a PITA to get going, but if you took your time you had a much better option than the current (at the time) Home use OSes.

I just remember being that guy setting up everyone's NT Lab in college because it was filled with IT wannabes who heard this internet thing was going to make them rich. Le sigh....

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

@Radium_AngelThat's right I remember now DX was also a PITA to get going, but if you took your time you had a much better option than the current (at the time) Home use OSes.

I just remember being that guy setting up everyone's NT Lab in college because it was filled with IT wannabes who heard this internet thing was going to make them rich. Le sigh....

Not too long ago, I had an old (ancient) C2D Dell laptop, and I decided to install WinNT and all drivers and patches, to see how well it would get along today (well, today being 2018)

Just finding the Service Packs and individual patches was a bloody nightmare. Nevermind drivers.

But in the end, I had a fully functioning NT box.....

...which couldn't even surf the web, because the standards had changed so much it didn't recognize anything with an HTTPS prefix.

Found an equally ancient copy of Opera which supported NT, but still...yeesh.

My solution is that I use Linux for everything now. I left Windows 7 in 2016 for KDE Plasma and never looked back. But I dual booted back then whenever I needed Windows. Until recently.

Now, I just use PCI passthrough. And I use Windows 7 on it with a host-only network config which ensures I can share files between my host and the VM, but it cant access my local network for the sake of keeping it secure. Because, why put Windows on the internet at all?

I also have a special version of Windows 10 which is called MPB Gamer Elegant Edition that basically has all the crap removed from it. It's a super slim version of 10 that I can also use in my PCI passthrough setup. Works like a mint. So no dual booting for me in case I absolutely need Windows. All I have to do is switch my screen's input to the output of my second GPU. But given my needs, I basically have no need for 10 at all. 7 still suffices quite nicely for the memory modifiers I use on a couple of games. I prefer to not use 10 at all; even in a VM if I can avoid it. Also, if it wasn't for those memory modifiers, I wouldn't require Windows at all as the games work fine in WINE.

But yeah. The suggestion is this, get a CPU and board that supports IOMMU to pass through a second GPU into a VM. Then if you need Windows 10, get a copy of MPB Gamer Elegant Edition. That will be the most effective way to bypass the whole anti-cheat bit for Linux right now. Or... Just install that copy of Windows on your system. Test it in a VM first. But if my bro likes it, and he worships Windows 10, it should work for you too.

For my setup however, I use my older Nvidia GTX 750 TI card in PCI passthrough. My AMD RX570 is used for my Linux host because, well, Nvidia still can suck for Linux to degree. I noticed way better performance by using AMD for my Linux host. I'm essentially laughing now. This is my long-winded success story.