HELP!

So I have had my gaming laptop for around 2 years and recently I have been having an issue when running games where the computer keeps switching to battery power, it does this switching for up to 10 seconds then stops, but does it around every 3 mins. Sometimes when it does it too much the laptop just fully switches it off. I have contacted the manufacturer (metabox) and they said that under their warranty they would ship me a new charger. Will this fix the issue?

3 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

So I have had my gaming laptop for around 2 years and recently I have been having an issue when running games where the computer keeps switching to battery power, it does this switching for up to 10 seconds then stops, but does it around every 3 mins. Sometimes when it does it too much the laptop just fully switches it off. I have contacted the manufacturer (metabox) and they said that under their warranty they would ship me a new charger. Will this fix the issue?

It probably is the charger yes. Also just in general dust it out to make sure it isn't due to heat issues that it's switching off the charging circuit.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

It probably is the charger yes. Also just in general dust it out to make sure it isn't due to heat issues that it's switching off the charging circuit.

This issue only happens when I am in intensive situations in games

any reason not to trust the manufacturers fix?....
as you mention its under warranty so if it doesnt fix it tell them and let them handle it.

19 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

This issue only happens when I am in intensive situations in games

probably charger issue, it cant supply enough power to the laptop when it's fully loaded (shouldn't happen)

have had that happen to my asus laptop when i used a 60W charger to replace my 120W for half a day, charger kept connecting and disconnecting when under load, idle it's fine

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

probably charger issue, it cant supply enough power to the laptop when it's fully loaded (shouldn't happen)

have had that happen to my asus laptop when i used a 60W charger to replace my 120W for half a day, charger kept connecting and disconnecting when under load, idle it's fine

i use the charger they gave me so maybe the charger has just degraded over time???

4 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

i use the charger they gave me so maybe the charger has just degraded over time???

perhaps, but normally they would give you one with a ton of headroom

just use the new charger, see if it's still a problem

if not, let them know

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately