Corsair H100i fans configuration? Which way is the best way?

Fengax

I'm planning to buy a corsair h100i platinum (240mm AIO) in order to overclock my ryzen CPU. My case is MasterBox Lite 5 (terrible airflow, I know), although I am planning to remove the front panel because it obstructs so much intake, so keep that in mind. 

The thing with this case, besides the terrible airflow, is that I can only mount the radiator in the front, which is okay I guess. I am planning to use the radiator fans as intake anyways.

My question is: Should I mount the fans outside or inside my case? Again, keep in mind I will remove the front cover of the case so I can get unobstructed intake airflow. In either scenario, the fans will act as intake. 

My understanding of both options so far (and please correct me if I am wrong):

outside: Better cooling performance, since the fans is sucking in fresh ambient air unobstructed and blowing it full force on the radiator (mounted inside). However, my RGB fans are basically wasted and won't glow up the case (right now my case is pitch black, so I would appreciate it if I can get some lighting inside.) 

inside: Worse cooling performance, since the fans are sucking air through the radiator. However, the RGB fans will really have a massive effect on the inside lighting of my case. 

However, I am not too sure if my theory is correct, since at the end of the day the same air is passing through the radiator. 

Thanks in advance for any clarification and help. 

Pushing or pulling air through the radiator usually makes very little or no difference in cooling performance.

There are exceptions of course, especially in some SFF cases.

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

Pushing or pulling air through the radiator usually makes very little or no difference in cooling performance.

There are exceptions of course, especially in some SFF cases.

I see, thank you!