Massdrop 02 amp vs Schiit Magni 3+

Hannibalsnowman

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me choose between these two options. This is my first so I want to make the best choice that will last me a long time. Here are the main points I'm considering:

I just recently bought the Massdrop Hd6xx and I was wondering which amp you guys believe is best for it.

Schiit 3+ has a nicer finish and overall better build quality I believe

O2 amp is cheaper by ~$20, however, I would have to wait as their shipping takes time

Basically I'm looking for the one that will give me the least problems and last me a long time. Can anyone weigh in on which one is better? thanks

The o2 is a much older design and is a significantly weaker amp. The 3+ is a cleaner slightly warmer sounding amp with a ton more power. Personally I wouldn't buy the o2 these days with the current $100 offerings available by monoprice, schiit, topping , and JDs labs

Thank you thank you, so for $100 of all the amps you mentioned, which would you say is the best overall.

58 minutes ago, Hannibalsnowman said:

Thank you thank you, so for $100 of all the amps you mentioned, which would you say is the best overall.

depends on the headphoned being pared with it. since teh 650 likes power and warmth the magni 3+ pr the liquid spark will pair well. the magni 3+ is objectively better though has better measurements and more power . but the liquid spark has better build quality