Samsung 960 Evo M.2 drive not showing up in my Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Elite AC

I've juts put together my new P.C. but the M.2 drive isn't showing up in the BIOS.

It's a 1TB Samsung 960 Evo 

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Elite AC

Not sure what to do other than trying to re-seat it.

Worried it might be a bad socket.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Did you put it in the first slot? Because that one is without function.
You need to put it in one of the two slots at the bottom, which are covered by heatsinks.

The slot you put it in might not be enabled.

Enabled slots can change based on what is currently installed in other places. If you have the manual it can help.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Did you put it in the first slot? Because that one is without function.
You need to put it in one of the two slots at the bottom, which are covered by heatsinks.

I put it in the second one down. I'm going to try seating it in the other socket.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Just now, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

The slot you put it in might not be enabled.

Enabled slots can change based on what is currently installed in other places. If you have the manual it can help.

I think it conflicts with one or two of the sata ports but I've not got anything plugged into them.

1 minute ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

I've had issues with graphics card configurations conflicting with NVMe on X470

I was hoping it might not be that. I've got my GPU in the lower slot because it's modded with fins on the back of the card. I'll try pulling it.

It turned out I just hadn't seated it properly.