Upgrade from Logitech GPW?

BotDamian

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is any wireless mouse that is as good or better than the Logitech GPW?

I bought myself some griptape and new feet(idk how the teflon legs/pads are called).

I don't mind moding my peripherials, my headphones are modded and now I've gutted my GPW and also changed the battery for a 2g light one (5x smaller and lighter)

Now, the shape of the mouse isn't the gratest, I like a V shaped mouse (vertical), meaning that the bottom/base of the mouse is little smaller compared to the top, like for example the Viper Mini has it and Roccat Kone XTD.

I was thinking about, Razer Viper Ultimate, Steelseries Rival 3 or buying a 3d printer and do the shell myself.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

10 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

I'm wondering if there is any wireless mouse that is as good or better than the Logitech GPW?

the GPW is basically as good as it gets for wireless mice (atleast for now)

10 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Razer Viper Ultimate

This^ is the best contender as of now, you could also wait for the model O wireless which should be on pre-order today.

11 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

buying a 3d printer and do the shell myself.

designing a shell takes a lot of time and not worth the hassle, also a 3d printer cost way more than just buying a mouse that you like. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

the GPW is basically as good as it gets for wireless mice (atleast for now)

This^ is the best contender as of now, you could also wait for the model O wireless which should be on pre-order today.

designing a shell takes a lot of time and not worth the hassle, also a 3d printer cost way more than just buying a mouse that you like. 

I could make a really dope shell tho :D I would design the shell in like 1 week max, issue would be the mounting points BUT the GPW has a inner skeleton like thing so its made of 3 parts, bottom plate, inner skeleton and the shell.

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

1 minute ago, BotDamian said:

I could make a really dope shell tho :D I would design the shell in like 1 week max, issue would be the mounting points BUT the GPW has a inner skeleton like thing so its made of 3 parts, bottom plate, inner skeleton and the shell.

May be pretty dope, But you're missing out on 2 year warranty on GPW, If you haven't used that up yet, and as previously mentioned 3D printers are expensive.. And also the material is another minor cost

4 hours ago, RhymeGG said:

May be pretty dope, But you're missing out on 2 year warranty on GPW, If you haven't used that up yet, and as previously mentioned 3D printers are expensive.. And also the material is another minor cost

The 3D printer was an idea because I always wanted one :D

I can also make a negative form and then use Carbon or something for the shell, I work with car interiors and giving a friend to make the carbon shell isn't anything hard to do, I might do that tbh but I wouldn't have any mounting points.

I have my GPW since over a year and I have also other mice 😛

6 hours ago, BotDamian said:

well if you really wanted to try then its up to you. do remember that you will also need to find a pcb that actually fits, and you will probably end up to design something that is pretty similar to what has been made anyway, but again its entirely your decision.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

There are rumors that Logitech will be releasing a GPW "Superlight" in a few months. I think this will be the only real upgrade from a GPW. The Viper Ultimate is good, but I'd say it's more of a sidegrade than an upgrade, unless you really like its shape.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 9/23/2020 at 1:57 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

There are rumors that Logitech will be releasing a GPW "Superlight" in a few months. I think this will be the only real upgrade from a GPW. The Viper Ultimate is good, but I'd say it's more of a sidegrade than an upgrade, unless you really like its shape.

Mate, I just moded my GPW and I'm very sure that they wont release a lighter version than mine LMAO