The fastest android 11 coming - Oneplus 8T arriving soon.

williamcll

Like previous Oneplus phones, the flagship is getting a product refresh, comes with some modern specs as expected from an OPPO/Vivo phone

First up, the listing states the device will have a 6.55-inch “Fluid Display”. OnePlus’ first phone with a 120Hz display was the OnePlus 8 Pro, while the OnePlus 8 had a more conservative 90Hz refresh rate. Tthe OnePlus 8T, however, will have a 120Hz refresh rate panel to match the 8 Pro, though it’ll be a lower resolution at FHD+ rather than QHD+. This was further confirmed by OnePlus themselves in a tweet and forum post as it will be one of the headlining features of this smartphone. In the forum post, OnePlus confirmed more of the OnePlus 8T’s display specs, including its touch sampling rate of 240Hz, its JNCD of around 0.3, 100% of DCI-P3 color gamut coverage, HDR10+ support, the presence of a flicker-detect sensor, 8,192 levels of brightness adjustment, and enhanced blue light filtering with “the same E3 luminescent material as the 8 series.”

Apart from the display, the Amazon listing also confirms support for 65W Warp Charge. This tech would actually be a first for OnePlus phones, as their proprietary Warp Charge technology, as of now, supports only up to 30W charging speeds. Other BBK-owned entities such as OPPO already use 65W charging on some of their phones, such as the OPPO Reno4 Pro, so 65W Warp Charge will likely be similar if not the same technology. On the camera side, the OnePlus 8T will be packing a 48MP primary sensor in a quad-camera array, with a 16MP ultra-wide sensor, a 5MP macro sensor, and a 2MP monochrome sensor. This array doesn’t seem all that impressive compared to the one on the OnePlus 8, but if the main image sensor is the same one as found in the OnePlus 8 Pro, then that’ll be a big upgrade over the 8.

Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8t-specs-leak-amazon-65w-warp-charge-120hz-display-48mp-quad-rear-camera/
http://onepl.us/8TLaunch_tw
Thoughts: The price isn't exactly appealing for those that want a cheap high end phone. But if you want something that is fast and stock then Oneplus is still your best option. I wonder how well it handles thermals?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

So will they show off more fake prototypes to Marques Brownlee to try keeping up the narrative that they're a small indie phone maker?

I remember when the days when OnePlus was the little disruptor that could, you know when one could actually afford their phones....

Those were the days

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

3 hours ago, jasonc_01 said:

I remember when the days when OnePlus was the little disruptor that could, you know when one could actually afford their phones....

Those were the days

The OnePlus Nord model headed to the US is reportedly priced below $400. It won't have flagship specs, of course, but the notion that OnePlus could avoid the realities of phone pricing forever is wildly optimistic.

Hmm. Interesting. The 65w charging would definitely be a plus. It's a shame they decided to stick it in the smaller screened phone, though I assume that has to do with the larger screen, high refresh rate, and battery life. I see they decided to keep the useless camera modules. That's a shame.

2 hours ago, jasonc_01 said:

Those were the days

Their phones are still affordable. Otherwise they'd be out of business 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The OnePlus Nord model headed to the US is reportedly priced below $400. It won't have flagship specs, of course, but the notion hat OnePlus could avoid the realities of phone pricing forever is wildly optimistic.

It'll be interesting to see how the lower tier processor compares to the one in the International model.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

The OnePlus Nord model headed to the US is reportedly priced below $400. It won't have flagship specs, of course, but the notion that OnePlus could avoid the realities of phone pricing forever is wildly optimistic.

I remember days when 400 did bring you a flagship killer. Now it just brings you a rather sad mid ranger...

I thought they won't even use the flagship chip for. Either way, I'll wait until they go full display again before I consider their phone. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 9/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, jasonc_01 said:

Those were the days

did you not figure out yet that that's the standard tactic of any newcomer to any market, get out nice quality products at low prices to gain MARKET SHARE, then slowly rise the prices and lower quality after you etablished a "fan base" you can milk to become the new APPLE...!

well, in that case you're welcome (don't forget it again it's basic how to exploit the consumer 101)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity