Old TV knocks out village broadband every morning for 18 months!

smnhdy

Funny story bere where for the last 18 months at 7am every morning ing, the entire villages broadband gets knocked out.

Following cable replacements,fault finding etc...eventually its an old TV bring turned on causing interference!!!

Lol

BBC News - Internet: Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180

-Moved to Home Theater Equipment Networking-

This does not comply with Tech News Posting guidelines

Edited by TVwazhere
Relocated again because I'm a Dumb F***

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Its literally... in the news....under the technology section...

How is this related to home theater???

I swear the mods in the forum are crazy...

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

-Moved to Home Theater Equipment-

This does not comply with Tech News Posting guidelines

this has nothing to do with home theater...are you high or something

18 hours ago, smnhdy said:

Its literally... in the news....under the technology section...

We keep a pretty strict guideline on what a Tech News post needs to have in order to be allowed in Tech news. You're free to update the OP, and we can move it back if it meets all of the criteria.

Additionally;

18 hours ago, smnhdy said:

How is this related to home theater???

I swear the mods in the forum are crazy...

16 hours ago, circeseye said:

this has nothing to do with home theater...are you high or something

image.png.a7f5f76b089b86af3289f611d2d4f2b6.png

We dont really have a subsection for Cable services, so I found the next best thing relating to the topic.  An idiot mod forgot what broadband was

Edited by TVwazhere
Get a load of this idiot. Thinking Broadband is a cable service.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Actually, now that I look again...

image.png.4d9ea220b347c1ac08aed81c66080513.png

Could definitely have gone here as well. If you guys feel that strongly I can move it there. I have no strong opinion one way or another (and no I'm not high)

13 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

We keep a pretty strict guideline on what a Tech News post needs to have in order to be allowed in Tech news. You're free to update the OP, and we can move it back if it meets all of the criteria.

Additionally;

We dont really have a subsection for Cable services, so I found the next best thing relating to the topic. 

.networking maybe....how about off topic or it was a news article, put it back there?.....this literally has nothing to do with home theater equipment.

because it was a old tv that knocked out the internet? no that still doesnt qualify for this thread or the displays thread......

come on man, quit making us scratch our heads in confusion 😛 😃 🤪

3 hours ago, circeseye said:

.networking maybe....how about off topic or it was a news article, put it back there?.....this literally has nothing to do with home theater equipment.

because it was a old tv that knocked out the internet? no that still doesnt qualify for this thread or the displays thread......

come on man, quit making us scratch our heads in confusion 😛 😃 🤪

So this is definitely my fault.....

I wasn't seeing "broadband" as "internet", and assumed it meant cable service???

Please continue to bash me for my moment of derp as I quietly place this into Networking 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

So this is definitely my fault.....

I wasn't seeing "broadband" as "internet", and assumed it meant cable service???

Please continue to bash me for my moment of derp as I quietly place this into Networking 😂😂😂

a96dea7a849e1709468f70b483628e09.gif

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I hope the occupant was compensated for what would surely end up being a case of being 'forced' to stop using the TV.

I also have to wonder how the hell Wired broadband was being overwhelmed by a consumer TV, even an old CRT.

Either craptastic shielding on the cables and boxes, or everything was being sent in wireless, in which case its more understandable.

Still, i bet the owner is now out of pocket.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |