Help with Line in port on motherboard

Elclid

I want to hear the audio from my switch with my desktop audio through my headphones. My mother board is a msi B450 Tomahawk and has a "Line in" 3.5 port. When i plug in a source it picks it up but plays through the same source as my microphone. A separate device shows up called "line in" in the recording tab and shows when it's plugged in, but doesnt get any sound. The line in audio and the mic audio go through the same microphone source for some reason. Any one know how to fix this so they are seperate.

8 minutes ago, Elclid said:

The line in audio and the mic audio go through the same microphone source for some reason. Any one know how to fix this so they are seperate.

Can't be arsed to check your mobo, but I'll just assume it uses a Realtek audio, in which case all you need to do is open the Realtek Console, click on the cog-icon in the top-right corner and disable the setting that combines mic and line-in together.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

32 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Can't be arsed to check your mobo, but I'll just assume it uses a Realtek audio, in which case all you need to do is open the Realtek Console, click on the cog-icon in the top-right corner and disable the setting that combines mic and line-in together.

now im down a rabbit hole just trying to download the goddamn real tek audio control from the broken windows store. It just says error when i download 😞

1 minute ago, Elclid said:

now im down a rabbit hole just trying to download the goddamn real tek audio control from the broken windows store. It just says error when i download 😞

Have you installed the latest audio-drivers for your mobo from Asus's website? Realtek Console should get installed automatically after that. If not, then perhaps you have some other Realtek-configuration utility installed. Can't really help you with that, you'll just need to figure it out on your end, but once you get there, you'll find the option to not combine mic and line-in.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.