Is a simulated sine wave UPS ok for low end/modest gaming PC or office PC?

Newblesse Obblige
4 minutes ago, 5GigaaHertz said:

Pure sine wave UPS are expensive so is it ok to use simulated sine wave for my needs?

Depends entirely on the PSU. Some PSUs handle it fine and some choke up. All the UPSes I have are approximated sine wave and everything I've thrown at them have worked fine, including my beefyish gaming-rig (overclocked 8700K, overclocked GTX 1080 etc.)

With the above in mind, yes, it's more likely that everything will work without even a hint of an issue than that you'd have problems caused by the UPS. If you have problems, in all likelihood they are caused by something other than the UPS.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Depends entirely on the PSU. Some PSUs handle it fine and some choke up. All the UPSes I have are approximated sine wave and everything I've thrown at them have worked fine, including my beefyish gaming-rig (overclocked 8700K, overclocked GTX 1080 etc.)

With the above in mind, yes, it's more likely that everything will work without even a hint of an issue than that you'd have problems caused by the UPS. If you have problems, in all likelihood they are caused by something other than the UPS.

Well, that sucks since I wouldn't know if it works the way I wanted until I had one and test it myself.