MSI GT 720 not posting

Buffalocake

Hello everyone,

my first time posting here and im really having a bad day about what’s happened/happening. So to start, I sold my 2060 super today to invest into a 2080 super. Since I’ll be buying it online, I’m without a graphics card for about a week or two. I have a b450 max motherboard and a R5 3600x. So I thought I’d be able to use my computer without the graphics card. Big nope... I learned my version doesn’t output graphics. So plan B, my old gt 720! I dug it out and cleaned the contacts and slid that baby in anndd... nothing. I tried both pcie slots and nothing. Doesn’t post at all. I’m at a total loss at what to do. I’ve been researching for hours and I cannot find even a possible solution. Maybe I have to flash my board to a different version? I also noticed the vga port on the gt 720 is missing. Maybe that’s why it’s not working?

4CB70A31-278B-4989-B23B-0E8247E086A5.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Buffalocake said:

Doesn’t post at all. I’m at a total loss at what to do. I’ve been researching for hours and I cannot find even a possible solution. Maybe I have to flash my board to a different version? I also noticed the vga port on the gt 720 is missing. Maybe that’s why it’s not working?

If you are 100% certain that the card works, it may simply be that the card has no UEFI-support and your mobo's BIOS refuses to initialize non-UEFI GPUs.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Hey guys. So I confirmed it’s posting on my OLDERR pc from over 10 years ago. Pc has some problems so it didn’t boot all the way but here’s a pic. I am using no adapters. Trying to use hdmi because that’s all I have compatable with any tv/monitor in my home. Anyways, so we definitely know the problem lies with my main pc. And I believe I do have my pc set up with uefi. But I looked up the compability list of the b450 max and the gt 720 was on there. Confirmed on pcpartpicker

942A79BB-56F6-4ED7-9D71-40898CBDD3CA.jpeg