Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanook

Typo on ML120 120mm Corsair Fan Specs?

Corsair fans are trash.

SNOWHEART - laptop

Model: TRACER III 17R XTREME VR 800 || CPU: Intel i7-8750H  || RAM: HyperX Impact 16GB || GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 || Storage: Intel 660P 512GB +  AData SX8200 1TB + Samsung 850 Evo 250GB || Display: 1920x1080p 144hz

PRISIMHEART 2.0 - desktop

Case: FD Meshify C Mini || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Scythe Choten TUF edition || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Elite || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Steelseries RIval 650 || Monitor: HP Omen 32

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Corsair fans are trash.

Yes, there are way better static pressure options out there, but corsair are the only ones I can find with argb. Noctoa, Arctric freezer, etc none have argb.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Gundar said:

Ex Vader: Static pressure: 2.75 mm H2O

Corsair ML120 Pro: 0.2 - 4.2 mm-H2O

Corsair ML120 Pro ARGB: 1.78 mm-H2O

Those EK fans do look pretty good. I just wish I could get a definite on those corsair fans. I don't see how the inclusion of argb can increase the angular momentum that much.

6 minutes ago, Nanook said:

Those EK fans do look pretty good. I just wish I could get a definite on those corsair fans. I don't see how the inclusion of argb can increase the angular momentum that much.

I linked the model with worse static pressure these have 3.16 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vardar-evo-120er-d-rgb-500-2200-rpm. These have less airflow though so the other might be better still might be better at shoving air through radiators. I don't know about the rest but if you really want to find out you could email corsair. 

If you're new to the forum it would be highly appreciated for you to visit this sub forum 

10 hours ago, Nanook said:

Static pressure readings are taken at max RPM against a solid wall (i.e. no airflow), and so the reading heavily depends on the max rpm. The non-RGB goes to 2400 rpm, whereas the RGB one goes to 1600 rpm. So that's why the readings are different, and also meaningless.

Between different companies it even further loses its meaning, so stick to comparisons within a company, and also ignore it if the max rpms are different