Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RhysMusique

Motherboard QVL - Memory DIMM slots?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey all,

Looking to upgrade my RAM to a 4x8GB 4000MHz kit.

Looking on the QVL for Ryzen processors looks as though in principle, the motherboard supports the RAM. but doesn't support a 4-DIMM installation of the memory, which kinda defeats the object of having 4x8GB sticks?

Anyone had any experience with this, and was it okay to install the 4 DIMMs as normal?

Cheers,

Rhys

PS Sorry for the handwriting on the screenshot!

ASUS QVL.PNG

CURRENT: Ryzen 7 2700X ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RM850 Corsair 760T Case

WIP: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

I would like to know too. I have 2x16GB 3200 Dominators but the QVL peeps didn't test it for 4 DIMM -- only 1 & 2 DIMMS.

pretty sure if you look for 128gb configs, it'll show 8x16gb sticks, on a 4 slot board, had that happen with Asus QVL

Things I need help with: *new* What can Facebook do to me? Privacy Inquiries

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.